CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Easter Weekend in Oregon

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easter Weekend in Oregon

Hey just wanted to see if anyone was gonna be in oregon this weekend. myself and dragon and the Big D (formally ol man) will all be up there. Let us know. Always like to ride with other DS guys

Old 04-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

I am in......Oh wait you already said that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

We will be riding Sat, Sun, and Monday morning. We are going to ride Florance Sat, and Winchester Sun. Maybe Winchester on Monday also...

Old 04-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

Well once again I doubt I will make it . Between the JJ&A axle problems and a new problem with the rear shock (fitting came loose and it leaked a bunch of oil). I ordered another rear sprocket so I can go back to the stock axle with the 520 chain from Ron Woods that probably wont make it in time. I cant get ahold of Kelly to order a new Marvin Shaw shock for the rear. I need a few more power jets for my lectron that I cant seem to locate. SO I guess Im SOL again. Oh well, I guess I will take my boy fishin instead.

Old 04-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

Man that sucks...i am sorry to hear about all of this happening. if just isn't the same man...We are gonna have to get that thing up and running. there is no reason why they can not get things together for you..i feel horrible..

Old 04-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

Anytime theres new stuff on the market I guess you have to expect some problems I guess? Im going to slow it all down and just work on getting it running again. I was going to start on the new full on drag bike next month but have decided not to do it. Too much money, trouble and politics. I have some ideas of my own that Im going to pursue on a small scale. Still going to do some duning now and then but as far as full on racing Ive lost interest.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

I can certainly understand that. yoo just never know what is going to happen.. which really makes it taugh because there is a lot of money involved in setting up a race bike and then comes the question of reliablity..Not easy to drop that kind of money in something and not know how long it will work or if it will work.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scatterbrain
Anytime theres new stuff on the market I guess you have to expect some problems I guess? Im going to slow it all down and just work on getting it running again. I was going to start on the new full on drag bike next month but have decided not to do it. Too much money, trouble and politics. I have some ideas of my own that Im going to pursue on a small scale. Still going to do some duning now and then but as far as full on racing Ive lost interest.
I disagree with that first sentence. Anything that is gong to be sold should at the very least be know to be usable. There is the occasional bug, and maybe even mistakes, but it should be tested first to, at a minimum, fit on the quad. If HMF, FMF, LTE, or any other Exahust manufacturer came out with a brand new product and it is said to fit your bike......It had better, or they are going to lose crap loads of money. Everything for the DS was new, is new, or is going to be new. And if any company wants to last long, what they deliver had better be what they promise. The guys on this forum have (in my opinion) put up with way too much of that already. Does $hit happen, yes. Should it be the accepted practice, Not a chance. Every company building parts for any ATV has to test, adjust, and test again. (Repeat if needed). When that does not happen, and sub par products hit the market, the only ones to really suffer are the consumers.....I hope that more will not allow that to happen.

Anyway, Keith what do we need to do to get you out there? Give me a call later, and we can figure something out. If we can get the specs on the sprocket you need, Crash can have it built...

Old 04-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

Its not just the axle problem. ODP will take care of that Im sure. I know Mario is running one with no problems as of yet. I cant figure out why his fits and mine doesnt. I know why it doesnt fit my bike. The question is how long till it gets resolved. In just getting the bike to where it is now has been 3 months and counting. I was getting pretty pissed about it there for awhile but I now understand some of the things that cause delays and mistakes. We have very limited resources for the DS world which also slows down the process of getting what you need when you need it. My G/F asked me if I really should be surprised about all the delay's and short comings. Im always willing to try new ideas and parts well before they were proven. even if others told me it wouldnt work. Sometimes there right, sometimes there wrong, but I still tried it. I used to love workin on my bike as much as ridin it but time and patience is things that Im running short on.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Crash, Find out if they can cut a 40 tooth steel 520 sprocket for the stock DS hub. Sidewinder wants $100 for theirs. Ron Woods Aluminum is $50 last will only last maybe a couple of days. I would go back to the 530 but my old chain is trashed. and I already have over $300 invested in sprockets and chain for the new axle setup.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scatterbrain
Well once again I doubt I will make it . Between the JJ&A axle problems and a new problem with the rear shock (fitting came loose and it leaked a bunch of oil). I ordered another rear sprocket so I can go back to the stock axle with the 520 chain from Ron Woods that probably wont make it in time. I cant get ahold of Kelly to order a new Marvin Shaw shock for the rear. I need a few more power jets for my lectron that I cant seem to locate. SO I guess Im SOL again. Oh well, I guess I will take my boy fishin instead.
Keith,

I had the same thing happen to my rear shock......exactly. I got the fitting tightened and simply recharged it and that seemed to work fine. It was a $15 process. IMHO, I think you should get ODP's permission to run the axle as is if it is just like Mario's and his is working so far. If ODP says the spacer is right and you can align the rear sprocket with the front, I would run it. Remember, tell them your concerns and get their permission. They are honest guys, but if they are expected to warrenty it they deserve the opportunity to hear exactly what you are concerned about and they deserve the opportunity to decide whether you should run it or not after hearing your concerns.

That is my opinion.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Ron

Quick Reply: Easter Weekend in Oregon