CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

800 bombardier top speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 05:13 PM
4ME
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 800 bombardier top speed

hi to all i just joined up with you guys. i just bought a new outlander 800 xt and was guessing on the top speed because i hear 70-91? 91,does it have nos! well i got a chance last week to run it about 45 miles and other than my spedo reading km not miles its great. the power is all there but i was looking for a bit more on the top. it will climb hard to 70 and thats it. when i got it home i had noticed that the screw to prevent and limit speed was not flush it had been set with like 3-4 turns out!! will that help? did anyone else mess with it? i want like 75 and that all i need. have any others cranked there's up a notch? thanks for reading.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome 4ME, the 91 mph is a special BRP developed and sponsored custom 2wd race quad based on the Outy 800, developed for this years Baha 1000. It was clocked at over 90mph, but it was a long, long ways from being a stock quad.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

I rode a 800 Outty for the first time yesterday and all I can say is WOW[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I knew they had power but I had no idea they have that much power.

I wish I had 8500 bones right know.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

Goodsound, with any luck you will get to see what one does with a 30 shot of Nos this weekend.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:15 PM
4ME
Trailblazer

thanks for the info on the quad 800. has anybody had the throttle limit screw messed with?

Old 04-20-2006, 02:22 PM
TPR
The Champ

Originally posted by: cc1999
Welcome 4ME, the 91 mph is a special BRP developed and sponsored custom 2wd race quad based on the Outy 800, developed for this years Baha 1000. It was clocked at over 90mph, but it was a long, long ways from being a stock quad.

Absolutely correct. It is an Outlander with the front axles removed to allow for a completely different longer travel front suspension, beefier and widened rear trailing arms Elka shocks and anything unecessary removed. The frame was strengthened to withstand the rigors of desert racing, and with a little more tweaking, should be hard to beat in the open desert. As for motor mods, only BRP knows what their formula is, but I have heard that it creates a substantial boost in HP.

TPR

Old 04-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know I'm going to get flack from TPR for this but here it goes. Outlander owners please don't take this personal but TPR likes to exaggerate quite a bit and just so you know I do think the Outlander is a really nice quad but what he is stating is pure B.S. The quad may very well go 95mph but his statement that "with a little more tweaking it'll be hard to beat in the desert" they've been at it for at almost two years and the best finish so far has been 6th place at the San Felipe 250 and that had mostlly to do with attrition and DQ's. Like I said the Outlander is a great quad when it is used for what it was designed. BRP has spent a but load of money with the guys who are doing this design work (with no succes yet) and I think if I were an Outlander owner I would rather BRP take that money and maybe use it for rebates on the Outlander. All the speed and HP in the world will do no good if you can't put it to the ground.

Old 04-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: Temp
I know I'm going to get flack from TPR for this but here it goes. Outlander owners please don't take this personal but TPR likes to exaggerate quite a bit and just so you know I do think the Outlander is a really nice quad but what he is stating is pure B.S. The quad may very well go 95mph but his statement that "with a little more tweaking it'll be hard to beat in the desert" they've been at it for at almost two years and the best finish so far has been 6th place at the San Felipe 250 and that had mostlly to do with attrition and DQ's. Like I said the Outlander is a great quad when it is used for what it was designed. BRP has spent a but load of money with the guys who are doing this design work (with no succes yet) and I think if I were an Outlander owner I would rather BRP take that money and maybe use it for rebates on the Outlander. All the speed and HP in the world will do no good if you can't put it to the ground.
TPR, you going to take that! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2006, 05:44 PM
TPR
The Champ

Actually Temp, to your response you'll get no flack from me. Though I may tend to exaggerate from time to time, I didn't with my post.
BRP and their partners decided to go into a different direction with this program. Yes, the battle of attrition is a huge factor in winning these races. Even the best, most well prepared machines can fail, and this is the process they're going through. I feel, and it's only my humble opinion, is that this quad can be successful in desert racing. The information learned may even lend itself to future sport models, who knows.
The only error in your statement is the part about the development and testing of the race quad goes back 2 years, and that just isn't true. The company that has been developing the suspension components and working with BRP did not get these quads till late last summer so that puts their R&D time as well as actual race time at about 8 or 9 months tops. You know there is a lot of testing that needs to be done, espically with an unknown quad at the time, with a completely different chassis dynamic to take up the added load of race conditions and rear suspension that is very different to it's standard swingarm counterparts that require getting all four corners working together as opposed to the traditional three.

Other than that, I again have nothing bad to say to your response.

TPR

Old 04-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

I went looking for some race results and found these.

San Felipe Top 10 ATV results
1. Wayne Matlock/Chad Prull, Honda TRX450R
2. Alex Caminani/Felipe Velez, Yamaha YFZ450
3. Christian Fernandez/Edwin Lopez, Yamaha YFZ450
4. Mike Bastidas/Joel Leal, Honda TRX450R
5. Joshua Edwards/Jeff Hancock/Kirk Schreier, Honda TRX450R
6. Marcos Moreno/Rafael Pinedo/Francisco Ruano/Gerardo Sepulveda, Honda TRX450R
7. Raul Adrete/Carlos Juarez, Honda TRX450R
8. Adolfo Arellano/Christian Valles, Honda TRX450R
9. Josh Frederick/Greg Row, Bombardier Outlander 800
10. Richard Litten/James Woodford, Honda TRX450R
Link

To me if a Utility based quad can finish 9th amongst the likes of the fastest sport quads around, that speaks volumes. That was 9th out of 60 entries that only 30 somthing even finished.

Quick Reply: 800 bombardier top speed