CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

800 bombardier top speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 800 bombardier top speed

Originally posted by: cc1999
I supose thats depends on what part of the country you are in cowboy, I know some areas in Utah and Colorado that have some long flat streches you can really stretch the legs on these machines.
Good point. Up in the north WET all our trails and riding areas are tight and twisty.. unless you head down to the dunes. we have forrest roads you can stretch them out on but none of our trails.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Washington is loaded with tree huggin hippies who don't want to share the wilderness [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2006, 04:09 PM
4ME
Trailblazer

sorry abot the caps guys,its a rookie mistake!

Old 05-01-2006, 07:02 PM
4ME
Trailblazer

well guys i have 129 miles on the new 800 and im impressed with most of it other than a small rattle but the 1 thing im not happy with is the 60+mph acceralation? its strong to 60 and than its kind of flat. i paid 9k for the 800 and its not what all the books and reviews says as far as that end goes. i really love the atv all around. i just think for an 800 its a bit flat when its about 60-65 mph. i see people on this chat saying 73+ well mine is not even close to that. im not expection 90 but i was shooting for this to be strong to 70 than be about a 75mph atv? i dont think thats to much to ask for an 800 h.o.? anybody's like that? is there anything i can do with out for a stock unit as far as adjustments? any help? thanks alot for everyones time,4me

Old 05-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 4ME
well guys i have 129 miles on the new 800 and im impressed with most of it other than a small rattle but the 1 thing im not happy with is the 60+mph acceralation? its strong to 60 and than its kind of flat. i paid 9k for the 800 and its not what all the books and reviews says as far as that end goes. i really love the atv all around. i just think for an 800 its a bit flat when its about 60-65 mph. i see people on this chat saying 73+ well mine is not even close to that. im not expection 90 but i was shooting for this to be strong to 70 than be about a 75mph atv? i dont think thats to much to ask for an 800 h.o.? anybody's like that? is there anything i can do with out for a stock unit as far as adjustments? any help? thanks alot for everyones time,4me
Help me out here, What altitude, tire pressure are you running, what type of surface were testing for top speed on. How fast did you get it up too. There are seldome two machines that run exactly allike but if yours is topping out at 65 and most are topping out at 75+ there has to be a reason for that kind of discrepency. You can probably expect the XT's to be a little slower do to the heavy 6 ply tires adding the ever dreaded unsprung weight. But even that added to the extra sprung weight of the winch, and bumpers is not going to slow one down 10 miles an hour.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:48 AM
Range Rover

easy on the scrammy bashing, I own a 01 scrammy 2wd 400 and i absolutly adore this thing, i,ve sunk it numorous times (damn washouts!) every time 5 mins and she's pulling the wheels to the sky I put 25's all the way around it and it'll hang with my buddies 4x4's for the most part. I just get alot dirtier and imo the fun factor is alittle more intense.

That being said I've been singing the praises of the outty 400 since it came out, i love the tech thats been built into it, and have tried to get my friends to buy them instead of the arctic cats (slow). So my friend bought a 800 and it is amazing, well it was on it's first trip out he got it in a mud hole over the bars. There is a flaw in the intake system where the crankcase breather is not filtered air and he sucked mud and cratered the whole engine, wipped all the bearings.

Point being that everything made by man will brake and lets not knock the polaris, hell it started the automatic revolution that all other quads ride the shirttales on!!!!!! and its a fellow north american manufacuter, we got to stick together. I'm selling my scrammy to buy a outty 650xt, unless the wife lets me keep her because the quad is absolutly a joy to ride and thrash. even at 285 pounds its still hard to keep the wheels on the ground and when im in a mud hole running a wheelie it is technicaly AWD.

Good Forum yall, anyone know of any lift kits available for the tti?

Jay

Old 05-02-2006, 01:00 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

The other day on a long 5% downhill straight gravel road i pinned the throttle for a lil ways and looked down and was pushin real close to 80.. I aint got a GPS though so i dunno. Slight uphill grade gets up to 60 real quick and then it doesnt really go much beyond that as far as the room i have had to test. Cruisning speed of 50 is real nice.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:51 AM
4ME
Trailblazer

i use it in north conway nh on the logging roads which are hard packed dirt not loose stuff. it is an xt so i knew it was not going to be as fast as the regular one but this thing will climb hard to 58-60 than tails way off it will do 65-67 max with a tail wind!! im running the regular tire pressure that it came with from the dealer. i would have to check them. could the alingment be out? my speedo is in km not miles for my miles. is the canadian settings different? i dont know guys but i would like this thing do do 70-75 it an 800 not a700 of 650 a 800! for 9k she should be alot quicker on top than it is. how are some guys getting 80 from them? i cant get 70? as i said i love the atv all around but the top end is very very doggish. i dont know any other way to say it,im happy with it all but that.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:54 AM
4ME
Trailblazer

also i forgot to ask a couple of questions. does this have a chip like my skidoo's? and whats the break in period? miles? hours?

Old 05-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

I have herd many times yes they do have a break in program and I also have herd no they don't. I do know my machine along with seveal other fellow owners on another forum all noticed a pretty major change after about 10-15 hrs. That said no one seems to be able to pinpoint what is the changing point, is it 10hrs, 15hrs, or is it based on miles 100 miles 150 miles. Mine came alive somewhere after 10 hrs. I did not know to be looking for the change so I didn't pay any attention. I just noticed one day it was running allot stronger than I had remebered it ever running before, then I read on another forum that there were several of us that had experinced the same thing and we all seemed to notice the change after a 100 miles and after 10 hours, but none of us could be sure how much after or exactly when it changed. One guy did say he was on his and swore he noticed the change as he was riding it and said it was a very noticable difference. I am at a loss though as to why you are not able to get in the 70's. Mine is a std model and I had mine in the 70's the same week I got it, so the fact you are on hard pack and it didn't sound like you were in a high altitude area, so the only thing I can think is maybe there is a fuel issue. What kind of fuel are you using and what is your altitude?

Old 05-02-2006, 03:53 PM
4ME
Trailblazer

the alt id have to get back to you on but the last time i rode that 800 i could smell gas alot of the ride and the guy behind me said one of us front guys was running rich. can this thing be programed with the computer? im trying to figure out whats the first thing i do? what shall i check,alingment,fuel,computer,tires?

Quick Reply: 800 bombardier top speed