CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

BRP 800 or 650 or keep my KQ

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 02:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRP 800 or 650 or keep my KQ

Ok guys, I have to admit that even though I like my KQ I have now, There are some things that really bug me about it. The lag probably bugs me the worst. I bought a set of mudlite XTR's and the thing felt like it went from a 700cc to a 500CC because of the extra weight, sp I alresdy took them off. Over the weekend, one of my best friends bought a Bomb 650 and I have to tell you I really like it. It is faster than my king and it was catching my other buddies BF750. It rides better and is way more responsive out of the hole. So naturally I was thinking of maybe making a change to either that or go all the way to the 800. That sure wouldn't have a problem with a little extra weight from good tires. Just don't know whether i'm better off trying to make my KQ better or to just suck it up and spend the $$$ on the bombs. Any opinions any of the machines is welcome. Good or bad. I want this to be my last move for a few years whether i keep my KQ or Get one of the BRP. If you think I should switch, what do you think 650 or 800. Also if you guys think I should keep my KQ, What mods ahould I be doing to help it out.

Thanks Alot for any input,
Keith

Old 04-12-2006, 06:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

If you go with a bomb, i'd get the 800. Other than the motor everything is same on both but
i would not want to give up 150cc just to save a few bucks.
Should you buy a new one or keep what you have? Don't know, i didn't need a new bike but
i fell in love with the new 800 the first time i saw it and had to get one.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

Keithss,
Have you tried a clutch kit from Dalton Ind. for your King with bigger tires. It helps immensly. Something else about going to a Outy 650 or 800 not to bash Bomb but once you install bigger tires the Visco Lock doesn't work as well. I have 2 buddies that after installing one with 29.5 and the other 28" Outlaws they 3 wheel drive just like the Hondas. I think someone is trying to remedy the situation but will have to wait. Also this year VDI will be working on a new cdi for the King this will get rid of the lag on the bottom end and will be tunable. Something to look out for later on down the road.