CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Taking a closer look at the Outlander 800

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking a closer look at the Outlander 800

I bought a King Quad last year and have enjoyed...until I started experiencing numerous agitating problems. i am now taking a serious look at the new Outlander. Any owners out there have any problems with them so far? Reliability is the #1 consideration for me. Thanks.

Old 04-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

Dang man... what happened to "The 800 lacking in a few areas" and "if hunters aren't using them I'm not buying" attitude... just kidding dude, don't get all fired up. If you look at the first page on the Bomb there are several threads about KQ owners switching to the Bomb. I've been watching these threads closley as I am interested in buying an 800 as well. I have had incredable experience with my DS and I would expect that the quality of BRP products would carry over through its entire product line. The reports that I have read have been very good. There have been some reports of rougue computer problems. But I would imagine these are to be expected with any atv no matter who the manufacturer. Most people love the power, and I have not read of any major design problems. I think that reliability is based on how well you take care of your machine and what kind of abuse you dish out to it. These thing aren't indestructable as we all know. Long term reliability will play out here in the next couple years... but if the DS is an example of BRP longevity I think we will all be happy. Just my .02$

Old 04-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

werent you the BIG mouth last yr starting alot of crap about the outy...you got screwed didint you....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

mine has been absolutelty flawless and down right incredible..couldnt be happier

Old 04-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Saturday my bro and I were "Kickin the tires" on all the utes and we agreed the Outty would be the next one to get but they didnt have any at that dealer.. My bro and uncle are up at one of my uncles other properties right now and i told them about a dealer up there that is real good to work with and they probably have what he is lookin for go kick the tires agin... The cash was shelled out last night and it goes in the garage tonight. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] There has always been polaris and Honda Utes around me and i got grievences with them both. While they are all great quads that BRP seems to be set up pretty **** [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2006, 11:51 PM
Trailblazer

What are you waiting for? The 800 is nothing but bad ***. I own an 04 baja and it barely outruns the 800 in a drag. Raced my buddies kfx 700 and beat it. This is a very powerful 4x4. The only problem I have had is with my winch winding up on itself. That was operator error. Yanked too many Polaris out of the holes. This is seriously the quad to own!

Old 04-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

I'll have more of an opinion after riding the one in the garage after this weekend [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]