CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Alba or Ron Wood exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alba or Ron Wood exhaust?

It has come to my understanding that Alba only makes a slip on and Ron wood makes a full exhaust. My question is this which is better? Alba states there is nothing wrong with the factory header? From street bikes I know you get the best performance with the full exhaust and you shave some weight?

If memory serves me correctly Jetting is required on Full and not slip on's?

Old 04-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

DS has a nice stock header... but I don't know about the Alba pipe. Their first try at a pipe for the DS actually lost power. I have not heard about their new design. If you want a slip on check out the HMF, HPR Top Gun, or Yoshimura. For the full pipes the Woods is very good... Big Gun is nice as well. You will need to rejet on any pipe you get. Also if your looking fo rthe best deal the end cap is the best bang for buck.

Old 04-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Boz900rr
It has come to my understanding that Alba only makes a slip on and Ron wood makes a full exhaust. My question is this which is better? Alba states there is nothing wrong with the factory header? From street bikes I know you get the best performance with the full exhaust and you shave some weight?

If memory serves me correctly Jetting is required on Full and not slip on's?
The stock header could be considered fine, but it does have a few 90 degree angles instead of a nice radious out of the head. So, what I would say is that there may be some slip ons out there that might do OK with the stock header if thier design was really good.

Its going to be more important to ask yourself how important the DB levels are where you ride, and also what kind of HP and torque you are looking for. From there, you'll be able to determine how much you want to spend.

Marky

Old 04-13-2006, 06:37 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Woods hands down. Alba pipe looses power and just makes alot of noise. You could use an end cap, or A HMF like stated earlier.

Old 04-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Boz900rr,
I have run both the Alba Full exhaust with there header (bought it that way from them) with (both with super trap disks and open end cap options).
The pipe sounds great with the open end cap but wanted the spark arresting options and the Open end flowed a bit better.
I am kind of a weird wide open throttle type guy so I ended up buying the RW full package which turned out to be heavier but I personally think the flow is a bit better and the exhause pulses dont pop your friends in the face when they are behind you.
The Alba pipe and header is sitting around in my garage collecting dust if your interested I will let it go cheap. No damage at all and only used for one season.
Just my 2 cents so to speak.
Good luck shopping ...

Old 04-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

I have the CT and love it. In fact HPR dynoed it for me when I bought it from them and they said that it was one of the best all around pipes that they have seen. There are better for low end and there are better for all top end but they said that the CT was very good everywhere. I have had it for 3 years now and it had held up great. The finish is still good and the fit was great.

Old 04-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I don't sell pipes nor am i afiliated with any pipe manufactures but i have had all the pipes mentioned here and a full alba system jetted right is right there with just about any pipe. Except the Ron woods pipe and yet is a very affordable and a tad better looking than most only the trinity looks better and yet is one of the poorer preforming pipes. Just my 03 i know it used 02 but big bellies rose 1.1 % per yesterday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Trailblazer

Am I the only one running the White Brothers R4 slip-on? I love it!

Old 04-13-2006, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer

Why stop at the pipe? I ordered the full Ron Wood stage 1 kit. It arrived last week, took about 5 hours to install, and all I can say is, what an amazing difference! I also got rid of the stock tires and put on some holeshot 22 inch xct's. Incredible torque. It just motors over about anything. It was expensive, but worth every cent. Just my .02.

Old 04-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I loved my Yosh pipe for duning. It didn't have great top end for racing but it had excellent bottom end. I loved the torquey feel. For racing I prefer my topgun. It has the disc system so you can make it quiet if you need to. It pulls hard all the way up and sounds amazing!

I think my second choice after the topgun would be a CT. MHO

Quick Reply: Alba or Ron Wood exhaust?