CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Planet Sand! What a ride!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planet Sand! What a ride!

What an event! Great company, great food, great racing. It is a great feeling to be there knowing you want to win, but also knowing that you and your competition will do anything to help one another do their best.

Everything that happened, happened for a reason, and it was just the way it was supposed to be. Thank God it's over!

Glens DS855 Stealth Bomber, aka "Just Enough": what a ride. I cannot describe the feeling of running back to back to back 4.2's on motor only. We had a couple of decent nitrous passes in the first runs on the first day. A 4.07 on only the second real nitrous pass was more than I hoped for- it feels very good, especially considering I've never made a pass on a rigid frame or a motor with that kind of raw power.

And, who knows, a tire pressure change, paddle change, gear change, or just plain rider adjustment and his would have been in the 3's very easily, but.....we only got one qualifying and one actual race in the e.t classes, so at the end of the day we didn't have much info to go on with Eric's bike sitting on the sidelines. We took a chance and drilled out the nitrous jets trying to get some flow. We just didn't realize the jets weren't the problem, so drilling them out made for more inconsistencies and we never recovered.

Friday was a good day. I like classes that are motor for motor. Did anyone get that Nascar style axle swap on video??

At the end of the day Saturday, we all were smiling. After Eric had wiped out the 2 stroke class first round, I told him if it came down to him and me in the final race, put some nitrous to that motor and see what it will really do!! If it didn't run right, we still win. He looked at me like I was crazy thinking I could get through the field of 2 strokes and fast 4 strokes without a working nitrous system. Somehow, when the dust had settled, I was there though. He didn't change the NOS though- I guess he just had to win! I did save a special reaction time just for him in the final, though- the race was decided by .037 if I remember right!! It don't get any better than that! I can't think of a better way to lose......

..... to be continued....

Old 04-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

Randall,

Thats good info. Run the changes I talked about, both on the kit and the quad, and give me some feedback. Always, ALWAYS, feel free to call me from the track if you need some help. There are so many things going on, sometimes its hard for any one person, to put it all into perspective, especially with that machine. You have a good team, if you need a few more brain cells in regards to it, let me know.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Great post. Cant wait for the "rest of the story" as Brother Paul Harvey would say, LOL!

I want to say that you done more than an excellent job of riding that bike. I also will admit that I did let you get into my head when we squared off, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]! Oh well, what an experience it was. I was actually honored just to be able to line up beside you only to redlight, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]. I had a blast...to say the least, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

PS: Yes, all things happen for a reason my friend, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2006, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Mark, see the next post...

LOL, Choose, that makes me feel really good - I hava a huge smile on my face right now. You wouldn't believe how many races I win before getting to the starting line!! Did you see all those 2 strokes red light on me in round 2? Eric wouldn't even so much as look at me, much less return the thumbs up when we were pulling to the line for the final race [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] !! I just laughed inside my helmet - we weren't cousins, business partners, or even friends for a moment!
He knows- he's had the jedi mind trick pulled on him to many times.... Ya'll just keep thinking that way, it's much easier when my reputation exceeds my ability!

Old 04-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 222
...Eric wouldn't even so much as look at me, much less return the thumbs up when we were pulling to the line for the final race [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] !! I just laughed inside my helmet - we weren't cousins, business partners, or even friends for a moment!
He knows- he's had the jedi mind trick pulled on him to many times.... Ya'll just keep thinking that way, it's much easier when my reputation exceeds my ability!

Mr HP, I noticed you let this one die?

Old 04-21-2006, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2006, 01:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

He was sceeeaaad LOL

Old 04-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

222 when did you start using the middle finger for thumbs up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Or is that one of you Jedi mind tricks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]