CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Turbo Bombusa 4 first test ride!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Bombusa 4 first test ride!

yea when it stops raining again I will run it and have the wife shoot some video. I bought four brand new never started hayabusa complete engine kits with everything and have used 3 now. I also have new gauges, bar switches and ignitions with keys. its all plug and play and brand spankin new. still have one in the shop. PM me if your interested as Im to tired to build another bike. I can also hook you up with a turbo kit, swing arm , sprockets. let me know if I can help because I will need someone who can keep up with me to go riding with....LOL

Old 04-15-2006, 01:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I may have to hook up with you and look at that thing. You're still on the other side of Sac. right?

We'll be at Sand Mt. next weekend. Are you going up there then?

Did you put the spacer-plate on the Busa for the boost or do internal work to the engine?

Someone was mentioning the busa will lean out all but one cylinder at rev. limiter but, apparently there is someone that makes a module that will alternate which cylinder gets fuel so you don't go ultra-lean in the other three cylinders when you hit the rev limiter.

I'm sure you are going to bounce off the limiter often. I've only had one trip on the Rail and I found it easy to hit the limiter. I'm sure as I get used to driving it I'll be able to control it.

I'm still very new to this turbo busa thing so, very interested in what you've put together and anythings you've run into.

So, when should I drop my bike off for the retrofit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Congratulations on getting her running.

Old 04-15-2006, 04:10 AM
Pro Rider

supersonic,
what chain are you running on the beast? 630?

Old 04-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

530 EK ZZZ X ring chain. the toughest 530 money can buy unless you go to a non o ring funny bike chain where the rollers on the chain dont even roll but they eat sprockets.yep Im in sac, fairly close to Arco arena. looks like we will be going up not this monday but next (the 24th)and maybe staying till friday?

Old 04-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

at the low boost levels I am running no compression changes are required. this motor has never been apart and is totally stock. at 10psi only race gas is needed to keep it from detonating. at 15psi valve springs are required and at 20psi a spacer plate and cylinder studs. above that a welded crank, dished pistons, oringed cylinders, billet output shaft, ect , ect,,, I didnt want to go that far. 12 psi puts me right where I want to be. this isnt going to be a max efort race bike obviously or I wouldnt have gone with a heavy ds chassis. I want fast but also want reliable . I am going to dune this thing all day and run it at the hill as well but I wont spend my whole day on the hill. I hate having to haul multiple bikes just for me to ride(a racer and a rider) so this is the answer. I hope!