CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

what's eveyone doing for kids quads

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's eveyone doing for kids quads

i think i had several of the small ones and the lt 80 was the kids choice, then we went to the hondas 300 and 400

Old 04-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

Who has had what ones in the Sand? I have heard that the little raptor 80 is crap in the sand. I know the LT80 works really good in it, and have heard that the DS90 does good in the sand. Any ideas?

Old 04-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dragon, our Honda 90s do real well in the sand. I even jump on them once in a while to screw around. I do not know how the little Polaris will be, but will be taking it to Sand Mountain for fathers day weekend. We will be up at the Oregon Dunes the July 8th weekend and August 26th weekend. I know you hit the Oregon Dunes alot from your posts, and you are welcome to check them out if you want.
Scott

Old 04-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The Kazuma is ok but wouldn't make it far and the Raptor 80 our friends have one and it does ok but not as good as the LT80 and I saw a Predator 90 2weekends ago and it seem to go great in the sand. I also have a friend that has a Honda ATC 70 not stock but not real far off and it made it all the way up comp hill in Dumont with a 14yr old on it. So I would think if the newer honda's are the same they would be pretty good.

Old 04-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry chirochris I though you were in Nevade when I first replied.

Old 04-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TheStir
Dragon, our Honda 90s do real well in the sand. I even jump on them once in a while to screw around. I do not know how the little Polaris will be, but will be taking it to Sand Mountain for fathers day weekend. We will be up at the Oregon Dunes the July 8th weekend and August 26th weekend. I know you hit the Oregon Dunes alot from your posts, and you are welcome to check them out if you want.
Scott
We would love to, but it looks like we would just be missing you on those trips. We are going to be up there the weekend of July 4, and we won't be making a trip in Aug, as to have the $ for fuel to DS days...The great thing about this place though is that I can trust everyone that posts to help. Opinions may not always be agreed upon, but I feel everyone here would rather have the majority learn from them, then all of us spending money to make the same mistakes....Thanks for the input...I was already leaning toward the LT80, or DS90 based on what I had heard. Had not checked out the little Honda's though....will look into them also..

Old 04-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cynick
The Kazuma is ok but wouldn't make it far and the Raptor 80 our friends have one and it does ok but not as good as the LT80 and I saw a Predator 90 2weekends ago and it seem to go great in the sand. I also have a friend that has a Honda ATC 70 not stock but not real far off and it made it all the way up comp hill in Dumont with a 14yr old on it. So I would think if the newer honda's are the same they would be pretty good.
I figured the Kazumas would be lacking in that area, and that is about the only riding my kids will be doing. And hmm upgrades for the little quads [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Been looking into that a lot, as I figure the quad can grow with the kids for a bit and lower the number of times you have to get them a bigger ride

Old 04-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Range Rover

My boys started on Honda 250ex's. At first I installed long extensions making them hand shifters. As they got able to use the foot shifter I simply remove the extension. My 12 year old is still on his 250. I especially like the newer 250ex with the sport clutch. I works like an auto clutch but also has the hand clutch on the handle bars. The best of both worlds, and teaches them how to shift for later when they're shreddin' the dunes with dad.
Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

CYNICK,

those say sunl on the seat, are they sunl's or kazuma...and would you recommend the 50cc version of these for my boy ...he is only 4, we have moslty rr beds and hard pack..no sand

Old 04-25-2006, 12:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider

they sunl on the seats and the handle bar pads. But they said they were called a Kazuma. They are good you can see in my pictures about what size they are. If he is just learning it will be a great one to learn on just gas and brake and you can turn in the screw until they learn to control the throttle they also have a remote kill switch and a a plug so if they get out of hand you can just shut it down. They are good to learn on I would recommend it for that.
They aren't real big though so it will not fit for a long period of time. But if he is 4 it will fit for at least a couple of years till he is ready for something bigger. Good luck guys.

Quick Reply: what's eveyone doing for kids quads