CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Gas prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas prices

one last thing straight from the discovery channel, there was a platform out in the gulf that everyday is was down it was costing them 1 million dollars a day. once up and running it was able to make 10 million dollars a day.or does congrees own the discovery channel also?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] im just playing with you all

Old 04-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
why dont you ask choose about sitting ontop of chariots afire. i guess you could say my thoughts are from the fantasy theory, coulda should woulda. makes everything so much more interesting to talk about. quit ruining my adventurous thoughts that i have about what a lethal beast i ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] man marky you take all the fun out of it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Wow Marky, you can't win for losing....If you had lied and told him it would go bomb, everyone else would be freaking on Nos...Tell the truth, and 2big has his fantasies distroyed.....Well here, 2big go watch fast and the furious when the car running nos goes up in a blaze of glory. We all know Hollywood don't lie right? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
why dont you ask choose about sitting ontop of chariots afire. i guess you could say my thoughts are from the fantasy theory, coulda should woulda. makes everything so much more interesting to talk about. quit ruining my adventurous thoughts that i have about what a lethal beast i ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] man marky you take all the fun out of it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Wow Marky, you can't win for losing....If you had lied and told him it would go bomb, everyone else would be freaking on Nos...Tell the truth, and 2big has his fantasies distroyed.....Well here, 2big go watch fast and the furious when the car running nos goes up in a blaze of glory. We all know Hollywood don't lie right? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Its all good! 2Big is just having some fun! So am I - But, I rarely speak when I dont know. Seems to me this forum here lately has been all about Hollywood Journalism, DC Politics with a tad bit of Dr Suess's wisdom. Just wait, in a few more days you'll see the personal attacks emerge. A few riding friends will say things like "Marky is done" or other things like "you're just a salesman" and even worse. Hehehe .... You know, sometimes you just have to laugh. Afterall, there are a lot of people on here that look at this as entertainment. I'm happy to provide a good show - Just make sure everyone stays around for the finale. Cuz brutha, this show is never over!

Old 04-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

Originally posted by: DSNUT
I knoew this will sound strange comeing from me, but this topic actually turned into a good discussion on fuels and alternatives that may or not be feesible. Why are we pushing back for a political debate that will do nothing more then ruffle everyones feathers. Come on let's keep this going, but in a good way. Even my "sadistic" wants can take a back seat in this one...
I have to agree.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Political drive-by's from either side are tedius. I would like to hear a well thought out connection between Bush and the oil companies that has resulted in higher gas prices................with some evidence to back it up, of course. Don't be political hacks with no accountability to your comments. Make the case based on facts.

Record profits? Who cares. Remember the $0.09 per gallon in profits? Remember the $0.50 per gallon in taxes? Why aren't you attacking the government for how much they are taking. The oil companies are pocketing less than 20% of what the government takes and they are distibuting those profits to people like you and me. These are public companies. All you have to do is buy stock and you get your share of those record profits.

Was this what you were after Brent?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]........Don't worry I got your back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
First off, Democrat or Republican makes no difference to me. Politicians run for office for one reason, money. Do you realize the retirement packages these people get? I'm not talking about just the president, check and see what your county judge or prosecutor get for retirement, it's public info, you'll be shocked. That being said, I'm not on here to bash one side or the other, I just think ole George and his cabinet are crooks.
Your first and second paragraghs contradict each other........."Why aren't you attacking the government for how much they are taking." Well, I was. I know there is no single person or reason that the cost of fuel has double in recent years, however, do you honestly and I mean honestly, believe that your president's hands are tied on the rising fuel cost issue?
As for your last comment..... "All you have to do is buy stock and you get your share of those record profits." So, just how much does one share of Exxon cost right now? The average American doesn't have the cash flow to go out and buy share in any company, hence the reason so many are upset because they can't afford the gas.

Old 04-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

Originally posted by: Coyoteman
I knoew this will sound strange comeing from me, but this topic actually turned into a good discussion on fuels and alternatives that may or not be feesible. Why are we pushing back for a political debate that will do nothing more then ruffle everyones feathers. Come on let's keep this going, but in a good way. Even my "sadistic" wants can take a back seat in this one...
I have to agree.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Political drive-by's from either side are tedius. I would like to hear a well thought out connection between Bush and the oil companies that has resulted in higher gas prices................with some evidence to back it up, of course. Don't be political hacks with no accountability to your comments. Make the case based on facts.

Record profits? Who cares. Remember the $0.09 per gallon in profits? Remember the $0.50 per gallon in taxes? Why aren't you attacking the government for how much they are taking. The oil companies are pocketing less than 20% of what the government takes and they are distibuting those profits to people like you and me. These are public companies. All you have to do is buy stock and you get your share of those record profits.

Was this what you were after Brent?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]........Don't worry I got your back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
First off, Democrat or Republican makes no difference to me. Politicians run for office for one reason, money. Do you realize the retirement packages these people get? I'm not talking about just the president, check and see what your county judge or prosecutor get for retirement, it's public info, you'll be shocked. That being said, I'm not on here to bash one side or the other, I just think ole George and his cabinet are crooks.
Your first and second paragraghs contradict each other........."Why aren't you attacking the government for how much they are taking." Well, I was. I know there is no single person or reason that the cost of fuel has double in recent years, however, do you honestly and I mean honestly, believe that your president's hands are tied on the rising fuel cost issue?
As for your last comment..... "All you have to do is buy stock and you get your share of those record profits." So, just how much does one share of Exxon cost right now? The average American doesn't have the cash flow to go out and buy share in any company, hence the reason so many are upset because they can't afford the gas.
No contradiction. Congress authorizes taxes. We actually have three branches of government in the United States..........

Besides, a fair percentage of the taxes aren't federal.

If people can't afford the gas, why does demand keep rising even at $3.00 per gallon?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

ok, well I see what you are saying but in the same since .09 in from what i have been seeing and reading doesn't wuit generate the amoun of record profits they are showing. There seems to be a little more off of the top somewhere. Besides in CA and FED taxes eaual up to almost a $1.00 a gallon

Old 04-28-2006, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

well guys sometimes life gets a little boring and we have to make do with what we got, one who doesn't dream or fantasize really does not live. we all want to live on the edge but yet want to do it from the safety of our homes. marky i have delt with at odp then again at boondockers and more than likely i will deal with you again at boss noss, so as far as anything bad to say na but does anyone care for some green eggs and ham. heading to the lake to waste about 100 gallons of gas. wow did i really say that. the lakes and rivers are so full im gonna push the limits by riding the rim of the damn im sorry i got caught up in one of my fantasy moments again but i am going to the lake to really waste 100 gallons of gas.

Old 04-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

If people can't afford the gas, why does demand keep rising even at $3.00 per gallon?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hey no doubt the demand is rising, how could it not? That doesn't mean everyone that is buying fuel can really afford it.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

well guys sometimes life gets a little boring and we have to make do with what we got, one who doesn't dream or fantasize really does not live. we all want to live on the edge but yet want to do it from the safety of our homes. marky i have delt with at odp then again at boondockers and more than likely i will deal with you again at boss noss, so as far as anything bad to say na but does anyone care for some green eggs and ham. heading to the lake to waste about 100 gallons of gas. wow did i really say that. the lakes and rivers are so full im gonna push the limits by riding the rim of the damn im sorry i got caught up in one of my fantasy moments again but i am going to the lake to really waste 100 gallons of gas.
I was only being my sarcastic self, nothing of a mean thought was impossed in my comments. I am just messing with both you and Marky.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

the only hard feelings im harboring rite now is towards my wife. i was suposed to be at the lake 9 oclock this morning.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Gas prices