CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Gas prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 03:15 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas prices

GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It ' s worth your consideration.

Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.89 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!
Default Gas prices

what i dont understand is how crude was 70 a barrel and gas prices were 2.87 here, then oil was 74ish a barrel so they go to 2.95 a barrel, but now i believe its back down to 71 and the prices dont go down!!

Old 04-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

Great idea but it would never work... as soon as Exon and Moble got to be cheaper than the place across the street everyone would go back there. They could then jack the price back up... our only chance is to look for alternative fuel sources... like alcohol. I have a warped perspective on this thing... I think we need the prices to go to something ridiculous... like $7 or $8 dollars a gallon. It would force us to think about alternative fuels. The point is, I want to cripple the middle east by not useing their oil. These terrorists and rougue nations have very fat pockets because of the oil their countries posses. Next to China the United States is the largest consumer of oil in the world... if we all the sudden switched fuels and did not need theri oil.. well then these crazy middle eastern f@cks go back to being dirt poor and playing in the sand.

Old 04-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

I started looking at a Motorcycle, at 100 plus to fill a tank I can get a bike at 40 plus miles per gal, Bite Me OPEC, hey Yjacket know a place to get a good deal on a F650GS?

Old 04-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Trailblazer
Default Gas prices

I own a motorcycle and it gets 37 mpg. It takes 4 gallons which last me all week to go back and forth to work. Then the weekend comes around and I want to take the DS out I have to trailer it 2 hrs for good riding. Same with the snowmobiles. I think enough of our troops have died. I suggest we pull out our troops and bomb the **** out of the Middle East and take the oil. Make it one big glass pit. Not only do our tax $ go to oil companies for tax relief to find alt fuel, they bend us over at the pump and when we heat our homes in the winter. Our Vehicles have the ability to run on Alt fuels as we speak. Hydrogen is something that is devolved but the oil companies are putting a lid on it. Some oil executives have retirement packages in the excess of over $400 million Dollars. They are making money hand over fist. I say Corn Corn Corn is the way to go. It's grown here in the US, it burns cleaner. Our farmers will profit, not the people who are paying $.50 a gallon for there own oil in the Middle East. I do care when the money is going to the same people who are killing US troops, and our tax dollars are paying to protect them from themselves.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Range Rover
Default Gas prices

I own a Motorcycle too.......I get 57 miles with my 550. I don't know if this is true, but some crazy fool down in kentucky, or one of the southern states, was distilling lawn clippings and making alcahol to run his car, truck and lawn mower too. Just a thought.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default Gas prices

Alt fuels is the way to go. Go and read this in reagrd to the original post.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

Ben

Old 04-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

Ah yes, the beauties of a motorcycle. So glad I bought mine. Have ridden all over town and campus for the past two weeks and I think I just hit half a tank.

Old 04-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas prices

I really hate to slam my own President but GW SUCKS the big one. His administration or henchmen are all in this together. I think it is absurd that little George takes our kids off to fight his oil war that we proved he lied about and still our gas prices soar. They proved the oil/gas companies screwed us out of $10 BILLION last year! NOTHING was done about this. Now it is soaring again and little Georgie boy says he "talked to some experts and they said it was going to stay that way all Summer." What a schmoe.
Something very bad is wrong with this administration. Heck they encourage illegals to come and work here, too. Vincente Fox told the Gov of AZ that he(the gov) could not declare a state of emergency (about the illegals) because he and GW had a deal. ?? ? What deal and what the heck is a president from another country telling one of our govenors what they can or cannot do??
GW is ROTTON and everytime you fill up at the pump he is sticking it to you right in the behind.
God bless America and go to Hell GW!

Old 04-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Trailblazer
Default Gas prices

Dear President Bush:

I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family, and I
would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border from
the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements. I know you can
help with this.

I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration
quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here.

So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.
2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need,
whether I use them or not.
3. All government forms need to be printed in English.

4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.
5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.
6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying o n the top of the flag
pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.
7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.
8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to
government services.
9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to
learn local traffic laws.
10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from
Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak
English.
11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my
car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any
complaints or negative comments from the locals.
12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and don't
enforce any labor laws or tax laws.
13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and never
say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might place on the
economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for
all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that Pres. Fox
won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely

However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail hunting
with your V.P.

Thank you so much for your kind help

Quick Reply: Gas prices