CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

46HV Power Jet??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46HV Power Jet??

DSNUT said

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A clothespin ought to work............but check with whoever you bought it from first before you take the advice of any crackpot off a forum "

We all thought you were a Bible scholar: the 'Moses' of Marketing, Inc.
I just assumed there was a 'mission' in all of your off-the-wall wrong answers.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 46HV Power Jet??

That is classy, Yjacket. Do you have anything to contribute about Lectrons and powerjets? That is the subject.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 46HV Power Jet??

Originally posted by: yjacket2001
DSNUT said

"A clothespin ought to work............but check with whoever you bought it from first before you take the advice of any crackpot off a forum "

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to quote you in case you decide to delete it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 46HV Power Jet??

Duneit, on stockish bikes we ran a 10 pj, with a 1-5 needle. With my stage twos, we ran 30pj with 1-6 needles. Thats at 4600 ft. If you dont notice any power loss, run as lean as you can on top. Check your plugs and make sure it isnt chalky. If it isnt your good to go.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default 46HV Power Jet??

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: yjacket2001
DSNUT said

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to quote you in case you decide to delete it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Nice Nut... Someone should quote everything he posts so he can't go back with the edit.

Anyway... I have a question/comment about this Lectron jetting regarding Dingo's question and one of DSNut's responses... since the power jet is for the very top end and you say your test was fifth gear against your friend, were you at WOT. Sometimes I start to bog a little in fifth on the top end. Just a thought.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 46HV Power Jet??

That is a good point. There are a number of things that will keep you from revving out in 5th gear. I think 3rd or 4th would be a better place to test, IMHO. Fewer things to trick you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default 46HV Power Jet??

Got to be honest here....

DSNUT your posts on the lectron tuning were spot on. Well done.....

AZ, the dual PJ and Adjustable PJ are still options for the 46HV. I REALLY, REALLY like the adjustable power jet. I makes tuning the top end easy enough for apes - I fit right in!

My 730 ran about a 70 fixed PJ and about 3/4 of a turn out on the adjustable. Then again, that's a pretty healthy motor. I have even started ordering the 44's with an adjustable pj only. You don't have to mess with Jets, and it's infinitely adjustable. A much better set up in my opinion. Remember though, that's for the smaller 440's and 450's. The issue will be that the bigger motors might not REQUIRE more than one PJ, but it makes ULTRA fine tuning possible. So in my opinion it's the ONLY way to fly.

Also, the FCR is a marvelous design. I think that it has a better idle characteristic over the Lectron. That said, I think that the Lectron wins out with altitude changes. It also beats the FCR on Tune status. That is to say that they come out of tune somewhat easily based on Atmospheric conditions. I also think that the TM has the same personality at times.

The dual FCR is a monster set-up for sure. Try the dual lectrons, they are the cats meow and worth a look.

Good discussion though..... I guess.

Back to the original question. Block off that PJ and make some passes... you should find that you'll be a little short on power. Sounds to me like the carb is right on, hense the bigger Power Jets are yielding and increase. I suspect that your Lectron is that close to on the money.

Let us know what happens.

Good LUck

Old 05-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default 46HV Power Jet??

My 5th gear tests against by bud were topped out in 5th..with 15/40 gearing on 20" Ohtsu's, it pulled easily to rev limiter in 5th..got a 7700rpm limiter on my old schooler! GPS stated 69.7 mph on dirt.