CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

46HV Power Jet??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46HV Power Jet??

My buddy and me both just got Mr. Hp's 46 Lectron. We have nearly identical set-ups except his is a 2004 and mine is a 2000. We had a chance to play with the Power jets yesterday, only making a change on mine. I think Randall had both set up with a #20, so I thought I'd try a bigger one in mine, leave his the same so we could judge if their was any difference. And to be honest, after trying a 70 and then a 40, we just couldn't really see any of a top end change. We were running 5th gear topped out, and his is slightly faster, but the results never changed..any ideas??

Old 05-01-2006, 01:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default 46HV Power Jet??

Because the power jet is a alcahol thing or for heavily oxegenated fuels a gas carb realy don't benefit from the powerjet. Like i said its a alcahol thing.In a alcahol situation you install the largest jet you can get turn the needle in all the way start the bike.presumably you all ready have it tuned for regular riding now take her up to higher rpms she should start to lean on you open your power jet needle until she gose a tad fat BOOM YOU HAVE NOW ADJUSTED YOUR POWER JET because under heavy power that should be just right .As for gas who knows i don't even know why you have one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2006, 01:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 46HV Power Jet??

#20 might already be dialed in. If you want to test AZ's theory, close off your powerjet completely and leave the other bike with the #20. The proof will be in the pudding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just don't run it too long, you might be too lean on just metering rod alone on the top end.

Good Luck![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2006, 01:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 46HV Power Jet??

Ok im with dingo now someone explain this power jet thing to me

Arent these adjustable power jets
If you close a adjustable power jet and its a 60 don't it become a "0"
So if you just barely crack it ain't it a 10 alittle more a 20 alittle more a 30 and so on????
And if your main needle is not adequete enough shouldn't you jump to the next size instead of trying to balance two jet systems.
And why is the 46hv from hp the only lectron for gas sold with the adjustable power jet installed most other suppliers its and option.

Old 05-01-2006, 01:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 46HV Power Jet??

AZ- I suspect this is bait but I will trust you are honestly wanting to learn something about powerjets so I will throw down my understanding for you to take or leave. Fair?

Ok, If you richen the metering rod to compensate on top end so you don't have to run any powerjet, you will lose bottom end by running too rich when you have a low vacuum signature. A typical Mikuni carb has 3 basic systems to manage. Pilot for start up and just off idle, needle for midrange and main jet for top end.

Lectron goes bottom end, mdrange and upper midrange on metering rod and powerjet for the very top end and/or wide open throttle.

The powerjet allows you to lean the metering rod for throttle response and excellent power in most of the riding applications and the powerjet subsidizes once you have a strong vacuum signature sucking through the carb........i.e.WOT.

Btw, my 46 had fixed powerjets. My 48 has dual powerjets........one fixed, the other is adjustable like the one you described. The dual powerjets has some additional tuning flexibilities[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2006, 02:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 46HV Power Jet??

Very impressive. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I was baiting you but you brought up some neat info i am printing it out ill send it to my tuners tomorrow i might just have to put power jets in all my gas bike's.We will see what they say.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But then again if i was going to get that extensive into jetting and rejetting my carb why wouldn't i just put on a fcr that is a way more infinte carb and untochable on throttle responce????? come on your stimulating my brain now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2006, 02:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 46HV Power Jet??

I think the dual FCR's are better for strictly racing. For a single carb, I think a big part of the advantage to the Lectron is how the metering rod promotes atomization. I personally think much power is gained or lost by how thoroughly atomization takes place. That is one thing about the Lectron, I don't think the fixed powerjets atomizr nearly as well as the metering rod. I am not sure about the atomization of the adjustable powerjets yet but I suspect it is better.

I am modfying one of my Lectrons with a superjet (davemooreracing). Supposedly it has unparalleled atomization. I broke my powerjet and spun it in the carb so I am taking this opportunity to try one of these things out.

I don't think I have ever used the word "atomization" so many times in one post. I am sick of hearing it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2006, 02:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 46HV Power Jet??

Oh i meant single fcr and the fcr is the most perfect carb ever created. But it just is a bear to change jets. but if were talking juggling to sets of metering circutes then what the hey... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default 46HV Power Jet??

DSNUT, so you think I should try an clamp off one and try that, against the other with the #20. I just don't know because even going to the #70, it didn't seem to hurt performance..or help..just curious if they do anything at all. I did notice when I took my seat off with the #70, the fuel does come up the tube to the PJ quicker when I revved it out in neutral.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 46HV Power Jet??

I personally don't think you need to clamp one off because I know they do something. The only reason I suggested it was so you could see for yourself what they do.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If your bike runs stronger with it clamped off, your metering rod is too rich and will need to be turned out. If it cuts out on the top end or you lose performance, the #20 is about right.

If the #20 works the best, I would wonder about my metering rod being too rich because I have never been able to run one of these with that small of a powerjet. The only time I did was on a dyno and I had to close off the powerjet because my metering rod was too rich. As soon as I dialed in the metering rod for maximum power, I was up running a #70 or so on the powerjet.

Maybe you should try it. Just accelerate to the top of 3rd gear and then slow down and check to see if you are running lean at wide open throttle. Don't try this up in 4th and 5th gear. I would be curious to see if the performance changes......

A clothespin ought to work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]............but check with whoever you bought it from first before you take the advice of any crackpot off a forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 46HV Power Jet??