CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

2007 CAN-AM (BRP-Bombardier) INFO

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 BRP (Bombardier) INFO

What a let down, again. I started out the first half of my season on the DS and was barely in the top 10. Got my YFZ for the 2nd half of the season and finished 2nd 3 times and 1st just Sunday to put me in a battle for 2nd overall with one race to go. Then the season is over for 3 months. So it looks like I will be starting the season off on the Yamaha. I just don't get it. The GNCC ATV division even gets television coverage every week during their season. KTM made a HUGE comeback and so could Can-Am. IF THEY WOULD JUST COME OUT WITH IT!!

Old 05-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

I think the 450 is still coming this fall, if they get it as good as they want it to be, they said they want it to dominate like the Can-am bikes did back in the 70's when they frst came out. BRP is putting allot into, making sure what ever they do is nothing short of total domination. Just be patient the 450 is coming.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: RPyfz450
Originally posted by: TPR
The thing with the 450 is because they don't currently have a motor, the entire quad will have to be built from the ground up, which is good news considering, unlike the Japaneese quads, it will have a propriatary motor designed from the ground up for quad use, and if they want to get back to the roots of Can-Am, this could now open the door for them to get back into Motocross and have a 450 ready for action.
I wouldn't assume Can-Am will remain an ATV-only company for too long. I suspect Polaris will capitalize on it's agreement with KTM to offer dirt bikes at some point. BRP and Polaris have been rivals for years in the snowmobile market, then in the PWC market, and now the ATV market. If Polaris is going to offer dirt bikes, you can bet Can-Am will be there too.

well i went to our dealer ride today and i was asking alot of questions about everything i could think of to our rep and i did ask about dirt bikes and he said that their keeping everything secret to all the reps but he thinks by bringing back the can-am name that there is a good chance its in the agenda but he cant be for sure as for the 450 he pretty much told me that we know as much as he does but as for the dealer ride goes it was great we got to really ride the atv's hard except for the renegade because prior to our ride they took the pistons out because they knew 1 of us would figure out a way to start it if they didnt but it looks absolutely great and i think alot of you will be more impressed once you see it and ride it

Old 05-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

it was great we got to really ride the atv's hard except for the renegade because prior to our ride they took the pistons out because they knew 1 of us would figure out a way to start it if they didnt but it looks absolutely great and i think alot of you will be more impressed once you see it and ride it
>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

They didn't let you ride it? The video's show it tearing it up around a track so they clearly have them available.....hhhhhhmmmmmmm, seems kinda strange, how do you create BUZZ for something like this without letting a few people get thier feet at least a little wet with it??? Maybe it's just not ready for us peasants yet? LOL

Old 05-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2007 CAN-AM (BRP-Bombardier) INFO

no their reason for not letting us ride it was because it had an all fiberglass body on it and if someone broke it they would have to totally make a new set of fg plastics for the next day and they couldnt do it that quick

Old 05-11-2006, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2007 CAN-AM (BRP-Bombardier) INFO

no their reason for not letting us ride it was because it had an all fiberglass body on it and if someone broke it they would have to totally make a new set of fg plastics for the next day and they couldnt do it that quick
>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

Oh, ok, well that does make sense.....dang, what a tease huh?