CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo

WOW you tell them azsandrider............. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] but don't worry poor nut means no harm between Dave and Eric this poor boys head ain't felt sunlight in months.LOL im realy enjoying this game[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default turbo

Originally posted by: azsandrider
I have a little experience with an EFI Turbo DS650 Baja, as I OWN and RIDE a one.

My DS650 has a KMS Performance EFI Turbo systm with a Vortec CDI - 72hp running AvGas with 5 pounds of boost and 52 ftpds of torque. And I have the printouts to PROVE IT!!! I run the lowest boost to keep the dependability of the engine and 5 pounds of boost is enough for aggressive duning!

I have had very little problems with my KMS EFI Turbo System and his customer service is the best I have ever seen. I've had it for over two seasons. The only problem with my DS is I need better suspension so the chassis can keep up with the engine.

I DUNE ride it! Meaning I ride for an extended amount of time, using various throttle positions and RPM ranges. The system performs AWESOME, with no noticable lag and plenty of power/torque. This type of riding really shows how well a system works! Anyone can tune a bike to go from idle to full throttle for 300 feet, or up a hill, but to ride for a half a day in the dunes, that take knowledge! I went up ONE tooth on the front spocket and run 22" paddles. I mainly ride in 3rd gear, as I don't really have to shift do to the extreme range of the power band. I can easily accelerate when going about 15mph in 3rd gear to 55+mph in 3rd gear with no 'lugging' of the motor! (speeds according to my GPS) A properly designed and installed EFI Turbo system on a DS650 is an incredible ride and well worth the money. You CAN'T get better bolt on performance and HP gains for the money! The neat thing is you don't have to open the engine for motor mods, unless you want to.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

How come all the "turbo experts" who post here don't own, or haven't, ridden a DS650 with properly designed and installed EFI Turbo system? What makes them so qualified to comment on the subject? Or is it just 'envy' talking, as they have to bash what they want but can't have?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Azsandrider, most us "turbo experts" can see with our own two eyes. What you speak of is unheard of. How many other folks out there go and buy a turbo for any quad with the intentions of just duning there bike? So most that turbo there machine want a racer, agree? So most of the folks that have put the turbo on, boost them up a little, or run alky, and nitrous and so on. There hasnt been alot of success yet with all this. I repeat, and hope one day you can prove me wrong, that I have yet to see a turbo Ds run one full trip without a glitch. I dont need to own one to see that. And I'm pretty sure its not envious, my stock bore produces that kind of power on all motor.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default turbo

Originally posted by: AZSAND
WOW you tell them azsandrider............. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] but don't worry poor nut means no harm between Dave and Eric this poor boys head ain't felt sunlight in months.LOL im realy enjoying this game[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Glad to hear it AZ![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Azsandrider - I have read a number of your technical posts. I have no doubt that you know what you are talking about. I don't accept the premis that you have to own or ride something to have the right or credibility to comment on it though. That would mean we would only be able to discuss the options we already have. The testimonials I have heard and watching the video's of AZSAND's bike making popcorn up the hill is enough experience for me to not want to take the risk of my turbo investment turning out like theirs, instead of like yours. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Just a little history lesson.........

That motor in AZSAND's bike was Henry Ford's original prototype for the Model T. It was abandoned after discovering that it scared the horses too much and the liability of someone getting hurt might set the prospect of the mass produced automobile back a decade. The motor was then sold in 1935 to Orville Redenbacher who after hearing it run new that sound was his destiny. He kept it as inspiration until the early '70's when microwave popcorn was on the horizon as the future of the business. Orville sold the motor to a Jamaican gentleman by the name of Kool Herc who after hearing the motor run invented the concept of RAP. He played the motor in the background until about 1989 when it became clear that the motor simply wouldn't spin fast enough to keep up with the new kids entering the RAP music industry. The motor sat on a shelf until 2004 then was sold to some shop in Cornelius, OR at a garage sale............

The rest, as you know, is history[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default turbo

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Glad to hear it AZ![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Azsandrider - I have read a number of your technical posts. I have no doubt that you know what you are talking about. I don't accept the premis that you have to own or ride something to have the right or credibility to comment on it though. That would mean we would only be able to discuss the options we already have. The testimonials I have heard and watching the video's of AZSAND's bike making popcorn up the hill is enough experience for me to not want to take the risk of my turbo investment turning out like theirs, instead of like yours. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

That motor in AZSAND's bike was Henry Ford's original prototype for the Model T. It was abandoned after discovering that it scared the horses too much and the liability of someone getting hurt might set the prospect of the mass produced automobile back a decade. The motor was then sold in 1935 to Orville Redenbacher who after hearing it run new that sound was his destiny. He kept it as inspiration until the early '70's when microwave popcorn was on the horizon as the future of the business. Orville sold the motor to a Jamaican gentleman by the name of Kool Herc who after hearing the motor run invented the concept of RAP. He played the motor in the background until about 1989 when it became clear that the motor simply wouldn't spin fast enough to keep up with the new kids entering the RAP music industry. The motor sat on a shelf until 2004 then was sold to some shop in Cornelius, OR at a garage sale............

The rest, as you know, is history[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

LMFAO that is a history story taken directly from the History Channel......great story..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default turbo

Azsandrider,

Sounds great. I think that's what most people want. Performance with not much maintenance.
Except hypsters of course who would rather have a world of drag racers with nitro
blowing up their $10K rebuilds every other outing, lol.

You are an unbelievable Moses of marketing wraped up in one nasty sack.
I hope no one wastes their time reading your windbag full of unbelievable crap;
or for that matter any of your hypster/basher/crasher friends that never have a meaningful post.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default turbo

Originally posted by: bombdsbaja
Originally posted by: DSNUT

LMFAO that is a history story taken directly from the History Channel......great story..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
LMAO! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I don't care who you are but thats some funny chit!

Old 05-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default turbo

Originally posted by: yjacket2001

I hope no one wastes their time reading your windbag full of unbelievable crap.

Dam Nut,

We are going to be confused now. You know ystreak is an expert on windbags. It's prolly the only thing he actually has a CLUE about. =]

Old 05-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default turbo

Azsandrider,

Sounds great. I think that's what most people want. Performance with not much maintenance.
Except hypsters of course who would rather have a world of drag racers with nitro

I hope no one wastes their time reading your windbag full of unbelievable crap.

Did you end up getting that dog from Sandbomber? Ol' Clue is the best a sniffin out BS... he seemed to take a real likin' to you you. Now you are only borrowing (a) Clue you can't keep him.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo

Well, that does it! I'm getting a better yjacket spray.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo

Azsandrider,

I hope no one wastes their time reading your windbag full of unbelievable crap;
or for that matter any of your hypster/basher/crasher friends that never have a meaningful post.

Hey yellow fly, if you are going to call someone out you best do it by name. I may mistakenly think you were referring to me in that post, and that is something you don't want to do........

Quick Reply: turbo