CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo

robust? cold ? brisk? all these words remind me of hard nipples... can we at least agree on that?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo

I built my turbo bike to ride all day. its a 50/50 bike. duneable and raceable in equal amounts. hope it does well at both and it should[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default turbo

Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
As for the question at hand. Donal is not on very often, but now has his dialed in and the bike runs really well. I have riden it myself, and can say that it is one heck of a fast dune machine...There are ones out there that are pushing the limits, and having problems as does everyone that pushes limits on thier builds. It is a matter of usage as far as I am concerned. But I know for a fact, that Kelly works very closly with anyone of his customers until it is right....I am still thinking of going that route myself.
And I will stand corrected if and when I see this myself.

Who was it that bought Crackers old turbo Ds? Wasnt it budtbar?

Old 05-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo

YEA VIPER.. It was me.. That thing ran like a "F"in rocket on methanol on Friday at the last DS days!! We ran about 7 gal. through it.
PASS AFTER PASS> THEN,,,,,,,,$%^&^*(%#$##@&*(-------------------------------------------- Got her home and after alot of check this and that,,, Found the Mag sheered the keyway in half!!! And you know what happens then,,, Timing went way advanced. NOT GOOD!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ...... REBUILD!!!..... Got her running ,so-so,with some pretty good mods to the engine. Still needs to see Kelly for Dyno. Maybe next weekend. It's been a challenage.

Bud

Old 05-05-2006, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default turbo

Ah good deal Bud. I thought that was you. I wonder if really the main issues then is keeping the motor together from all the boost, and not a setup issue? When Justin had that, we spent some time one day testing starts at St anns. Trying to figure out how to come out of the hole better. He was getting it down towards the end just as I was running out if Nitrous. The thing I noticed most about that machine both when you guys were running and when Justin had it, was just as she started to build steam, it would hit the rev limiter and you would have to let out to shift, then build it all back up. Now if you could keep the boost up as you shifted, holy crap she would be a handful.
Anyhow, are you going to make it to Ds days this year?

Old 05-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Ah good deal Bud. I thought that was you. I wonder if really the main issues then is keeping the motor together from all the boost, and not a setup issue? When Justin had that, we spent some time one day testing starts at St anns. Trying to figure out how to come out of the hole better. He was getting it down towards the end just as I was running out if Nitrous. The thing I noticed most about that machine both when you guys were running and when Justin had it, was just as she started to build steam, it would hit the rev limiter and you would have to let out to shift, then build it all back up. Now if you could keep the boost up as you shifted, holy crap she would be a handful.
Anyhow, are you going to make it to Ds days this year?
YEA the rev limiter is BAD NEWS with the turbo. It would hit the limt very FAST. We got rid of the rev limt, and with the new motor work it "should" hold together for HIGH revs. Not going to use Methanol this time around. though. All that power all the time is SOOO FUN!! but hard on the parts. Going to drop boost, use race fuel and shoot NOS when needed. I think that would make for a nice Duner and plenty fast for the hill . AND ALOT ...L E S S... Wrench/down time...!!

Going to make a real effort to make it to DS days. Pretty sure the turbo will be good by then????

Old 05-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default turbo

Sorry to hear that budman.
Funny how when you seem to be having the ride of your life is when they come apart.
I've had some of the biggest smiles and wildest rush's right before it went "bam".
Those were some expensive smiles. lol. =]

Old 05-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo

You know what they say? They always run best right before they go!

Bud, I still think you will be happy, and heck yessss on the less wrenching. Its like work, I work to play. I wrench to play, not play to wrench.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo

[quote]
Originally posted by: 650VIPER
You know what they say? They always run best right before they go!

AAAAAhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!........ Never say those words....I think they are what cuase the bomb, not the running good!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default turbo

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: AZSAND
WOW you tell them azsandrider............. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] but don't worry poor nut means no harm between Dave and Eric this poor boys head ain't felt sunlight in months.LOL im realy enjoying this game[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Glad to hear it AZ![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Azsandrider - I have read a number of your technical posts. I have no doubt that you know what you are talking about. I don't accept the premis that you have to own or ride something to have the right or credibility to comment on it though. That would mean we would only be able to discuss the options we already have. The testimonials I have heard and watching the video's of AZSAND's bike making popcorn up the hill is enough experience for me to not want to take the risk of my turbo investment turning out like theirs, instead of like yours. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Just a little history lesson.........

That motor in AZSAND's bike was Henry Ford's original prototype for the Model T. It was abandoned after discovering that it scared the horses too much and the liability of someone getting hurt might set the prospect of the mass produced automobile back a decade. The motor was then sold in 1935 to Orville Redenbacher who after hearing it run new that sound was his destiny. He kept it as inspiration until the early '70's when microwave popcorn was on the horizon as the future of the business. Orville sold the motor to a Jamaican gentleman by the name of Kool Herc who after hearing the motor run invented the concept of RAP. He played the motor in the background until about 1989 when it became clear that the motor simply wouldn't spin fast enough to keep up with the new kids entering the RAP music industry. The motor sat on a shelf until 2004 then was sold to some shop in Cornelius, OR at a garage sale............

The rest, as you know, is history[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Its about time you noticed the longevity built into my motor and thats all its about unlike the other builders who have to rebuild there drag bikes every outting......mine has over 100-200 passes on the same motor unlike my frame that needs repairs weekly but we are having that redone by a profesional soon... location points and all.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: turbo