CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

After sleeping on it!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After sleeping on it!!

I was fairly pre-occupied yesterday so didn't really have a chance to look over the new Renegade in a lot of detail.

After looking it over again, I am throroughly impressed. Still a bit on the chubby side but more then enough power to compensate.

Looks like they saved weight on tires/wheels/racks/bumpers and possibly some of the subframe around the fenders and up front.

On first look it's a bit unusual, but once you get a chance to look over the photos it's actually a nice looking bike. It's obvious they were going for a sport "look" to differentiate from the utility series and to compete with the Outlaw and KFX700. IMO they should come out with a black/grey or blue/grey color option, BRP is in love with their signature yellow and the yellow/black combination does look good IMO. The squared off plastic on the front gives it a kid of menacing look, I'm curious how it would look with rounded plastic instead?

The only real difference I see between the R and O are the shocks,plastic,wheels/tires, bumpers and lights. Its clear they didn't try to just go out and create an all new quad, they worked within the framework of the Outlander, this only makes sense.

I expect to see a 650 and probably a 500 version, simple enough to do. I also am reading on other forums that there is more to come, can't imagine bringing back the Can-Am name without making a dirtbike. They have to upgrade the DS, should be simple enough to throw in that 650 V-twin or even an 800 with reverse?

I'm excited, I'm going to put my Outlander 330 and DS650 up for sale along with my dirtbike to upgrade to a Renegade. I think BRP hit the nail on the head again with this one. Hey, if you don't like this quad cause of it's looks, no worries, you won't get much of a chance to see it as it's smoking by you on the trails <VBEG> [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img])

Old 05-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Range Rover

Exactly!!

Old 05-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

They also changed the front brakes on the Renagade compared to the Outty. The Outy still has the twin inboard brakes while the Ren. there at the hubs like all other quads. They also gave it more suspension travel which is more then most sport quads. I can't wait to give this baby a try. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

The Outy still has the twin inboard brakes while the Ren. there at the hubs like all other quads. They also gave it more suspension travel which is more then most sport quads. I can't wait to give this baby a try.
>>>>>>>>>>

Good points! Does moving the brakes to the hubs help with weight distribution? I presume the extra travel in the suspesnion is to compensate for the heaviness of the bike?

Is that a small storage compartment in the back?