CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Pricing for Renegade is here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pricing for Renegade is here!!!

RM67, I thought in case you did not know this but the Traxter and Quest models are still alive, just wearing John Deer Green now days.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

RM67, I thought in case you did not know this but the Traxter and Quest models are still alive, just wearing John Deer Green now days.
>>>>>>>>>>

I thought it was just the Traxter model they made into the Buck??

Old 05-18-2006, 02:52 AM
Pro Rider

ok, correct me if this is wrong, but I think the traxter was the original bomb ute model, it had the full step through design and manual trans, later followed by the quest with a simi step through design and Auto CVT trans. Then the Quest name was later dropped and they were all called traxter. John deer has both the Auto and standard trans models with the full step through and the simi step through that use to called the quest back in the day.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: LawdogB2
Originally posted by: maxxedouty
Hey, You guys can borrow my dueling pistols and settle this {debate}Just let me know where so i can see who the winner is. Thats the only way you will settle this!!
I would buy a ticket at this point. Everyone is wearing me out with this "I am more righter than you are!" crap. Jeez, take a cookie break. It's a real shame. Most guys come here and are supportive of one another. I personally don't care what you ride or what you spent. I would ride with any one of you, unless you are going to become as a##hole and start running your mouth about what I am riding. If you look, that is the only time I get a little nasty on here. As long as you are responsible and take care of your family and can afford it, I wouldn't judge you for spending $50K on an ATV if you wanted to. I like to see the competition amongst the manufacturers, it will only make things better. I have made all of the purchases I will be making for a while. I don't need to run out and have the latest greatest thing this year, I can be patient. The way things are looking, there is some great stuff on the horizon and I will wait to see what comes over the next few years. Thicken your skin up boys, you guys get hateful too quickly over here.

Pretty well said LawdogB2. If you have the money to spend on anything you want, then do so. I peronally think it's a little high priced. But everything seems to increasing in price. (just a part of cost of living) I paid $7500 otd in 2001 for my loaded Sportsman 500H.O. Remington Edition. It was to high priced at that time. But for me it was the 4x4 utility to own at THAT time and I had the money. I still have it and still love it even though it wieghs in around 745lbs with all the accesories. (<----aprox guess) I know that I would get spanked by most every new 4x4 ute now day's. That's becuase every mfg is in competition for the next best top of the line quad in any segment. (Recreational 4x4, sport, UTE, Sport UTE, ect....) R&D cost money and that cost will always be past on to the consumer.....you just have to pay for the NEXT level of ATV. Now, I won't be the first in line to buy the new Renagade 800, only because they are a little expensive for what I have to spend on my next ATV. But that dosn't mean that I won't have one down the road. They have a great product for THAT segment!!! BRP/Can-Am makes great ATV's so do other MFG, some in different segments. Just buy the best ATV you can afford AND HAVE FUN WITH IT!! Don't look back and play that "I wish I could have." I've got a 2004 Kawasaki KFX700, 2001 Polaris Sportsman 500HO and a 2004 Bombardier DS650 BajaX. Three different MFG and really in three different segments. I just try and get the best quad (for me) for my money and I'm VERY happy with them all.

BAJAXPIMPN

Old 05-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

Then the Quest name was later dropped and they were all called traxter. John deer has both the Auto and standard trans models with the full step through and the simi step through that use to called the quest back in the day.
>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

Fair enough, only been into BRP for a couple of years so haven't kept up on the other models I just seem to remember they had quite a variety of engines/trannies availabe in both models. These were considered mainly utility/work quads?? They must be pretty tough if John Deere put's their name on them now?

Hey, remember the Johnd Deere snowmobile, a 440 "liquifier" or something like that??? How long did that last and who made it??