CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

2007 or 2006 can am?? outlander

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 01:52 PM
4ME
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 or 2006 can am?? outlander

well i've had my atv 4 less than a month than this weekend i was at the dealer and saw what looked like a jazzed up outty. when i got closer it said can am? well this had some options that my 9,000 dollar xt 800 didnt have like rims!!!! winch roller,winch remote, and the key tag said 2007 not 2006?? i asked my salesman what the he## was this and they said they knew nothing about this 2007 deal. but what really pissed me off was the fact that the invoice price currently was only 140 more? i just bought a 9k atv that had the worst looking wheels,no roller winch (good for plowing). to put a good set of rimes your talking 500+ with tires,60 plus for the winch remote,50 for the winch roller,and its a year newer on paper!!! this is bulls#it. ive had this atv 4 a month and now this!!! ive been die hard brp guy since 97 ive had over 15 bombardier units from atv,sled,watercrafts,clothes,jackets,helmets,etc.. .. i just got screwed and brp wont do a thing about it. well im really pissed now but the only thing ill say is that they just sold me my last brp product. im in sales and if that happened to me which it has id step up to the plate and do something. well 2-3 months ya id still be mad but less than a month. the day it came in i took it. sorry guys i dont mean to be a pain about it but does anybody know where im coming from??? 4me

Old 05-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Companies release new products to their lineup every year. Sounds like you are describing the limited edition Outlander 800 XT?? It is one nice looking ATV but it's MSRP is definately higher then a standard XT, not sure how much more.

Let me ask you this. What should BRP do? Should they buy your quad back and exchange it for a new one? Seriously though, I'm not trying to be an A$$ but this type of thing happens all the time. Ever bought a car at a dealership only to find out two weeks later they have an upgraded version on sale for less then you paid for your standard model? I really don't see where this is the dealers or BRP's fault, dealer's were unaware of any changes for 07 up until about a week ago. Could you imagine if they let everyone who bought an Outlander the past 4 months to exchange them for 07's? That's just not the way business is done.

The first quad I bought was a Beartracker 250, I did not research this purchase well, I ended up way over paying, after riding it twice I realized it was too small for me. I wrote the dealership a letter, explaining how if they could have talked me into a larger quad by telling me the 250 might be a bit small for someone my size, in fact the salesman said it would be more then enough...<sigh> They called me up and said to bring it down and they would be glad to take it on trade for a larger quad, so I went down there only to be offered less then half of what I paid plus FULL MSRP+setup/delivery/tax/license...very expensive lesson on my part, I ended up selling it to a friend for about what the dealer offered me on trade, heck, figure if I'm gonna get screwed at least let a friend get something out of it.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

My dealer still doesn't know about the changes. He said he is going to the SW BRP dealers meeting soon. I guess not all dealers go to the same meetings at the same time. He runs several businesses and doesn't have time to be on the internet.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

I saw a Can-Am 800XT and a Can-am 800 Max XT on a trailer in front of the Tulalip Indians Liquor store. I was like WTF they say their switching to can-am less than a week ago and There is already two on a trailer all dirty [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-15-2006, 11:40 PM
Range Rover

One reason you might see a few more Can-ams is because dealers are getting the stickers to change the "Bombardier" to "Can-am" on the recently sold 06 models. I just updated my '06 Bombardier 400 to a Can-AM 400 just by changing the stickers. Does it change the function of the machine? No, I just wanted to add something a little different than what all of the other Outlander guys around here have, and it was free. Talk to your dealer, they should have them.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

kewl [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] maybe i can get an extra for my truck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2006, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

I sure hope not!

I'm getting my 2006 BRP 800 Max XT this Saturday as I don't like the Can-Am name, so I decided to get the 2006 before the name change, and before the price increase along with the rush to get the new "Can-Am"s.

Maybe I'll have one of the last BRP Outlanders out there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2006, 10:57 AM
4ME
Trailblazer

i get what your saying on the issue and no i dont expect brp to take it back but what im describing is not the limited its just the updated 07 can am xt. its sitting in my garage with my 06 and msrp was 140 more and i was charged 100 more. i guess the limited is atot more as u say. i work at a family dealership and the last time i sold a van to a guy and it was updated without word he was pissed like i was or am but we helped him out a bit just enough to make him happy and he buys all the time. so i was just saying in a nut shell brp could do something small not give me an atv. a little goes a long way! well we all know nothing is going to happen but its wishful thinking. its still sweet.4me

Old 05-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I feel your pain. My GF and I just bought 2 new Outlanders. Mine an 800XT and hers a 650. I agree that the wheels are butt ugly. I even called BPR to see if I could get some freebie upgrade wheels (though I knew they would say no). However, look at the bright side:

1) Yours is now a COLLECTOR'S ITEM -- only a select few will say Bombardier. Personally, I like that name. Most people can't even pronounce it and it cracks me up.

2) Ultimately, we decided they were worth whatever we paid at the time and they still are.

3) They are still awesome machines

4) If you really put the 4x4 to work on tight trails, rock crawling, etc. you will not care if the ugly wheels get dinged. We have had ours for just over a month and we both have banged up the wheels. My GF's even has a piece of wood that wedged itself under the bead (this I need to fix).

It does still suck, but this takes out the sting. I've also found that adding Elka suspension and a big, loud pipe makes mine a unique snowflake. Let the nancy boys have the pretty little wheels and the "me too" Can-Am name.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

so i was just saying in a nut shell brp could do something small not give me an atv. a little goes a long way! well we all know nothing is going to happen but its wishful thinking. its still sweet.4me>>>>>

No problem, but you can imagine the types of complaints BRP probably gets so they just can't bend over backward(not saying thats what you wanted) for everyone.

Imagine how many guys come in with broken A-arms and SWEAR they weren't jumping and were babying it at 15 mph when the sucker just broke? See what I mean?

I bought a used Saturn once, the next morning I find out they were actually offering 0% interest on new Saturns, well based on my trade in value(a pickup) etc. I realized my payments would only be like $20 bucks a month more if I just got the new one. Saturn had a 3 day return policy on used Saturns.....I go back the next morning and the dealer refused to work with me, he said if I wanted to return the car in exchange for a new one he'd only give me HALF my trade in value for my truck on a new deal.....I was stomping mad, wrote letters to everyone.....got nowhere. Get this, my trade which he SWORE had to be wholesale'd out since it didn't have any value to THEM was on their lot a week later for sale for $2500 MORE then I got in trade. I went circles with this dealership, wrote Saturn etc...Each dealer is independently owned, the MFG. can't/won't do much unless it's a warranty issue basically.

Quick Reply: 2007 or 2006 can am?? outlander