CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Which nitrous to get????

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which nitrous to get????

I want to get nitrous but am not sure on which brand to get. Boss Noss or Boondockers.

Also what kind of jetting changes do you have to make when running nitrous? I have the TM45?

Old 05-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

There are no jetting changes with Either system. You might want to talk to 650Viper, he now has had both. Also SLC650 has the Boss system. I think there are plenty of threds on this subject, which I could say more.

Old 05-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Marky.

Old 05-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Boss Noss, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know much about noss but I've been lookin', and here is what I think... the Boss Noss system seems to be the most safe because of the computer that controls the important mixing functions. The problems I have read about involve seperate parts of the system not opperating in cojunction with others resulting in a lean condition and then BOOM. The Boss Noss has a computer controlling all this so less chance of one part of the system failing resulting in catastrophic failure. Maybe that helps and maybe it doesn't... its just the thoughs of a Noss rookie who has been lookin' but is still scared.

Old 05-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jmac, first are you making it to Ds days this year?

Second, I rna Boondockers and had great results, you cant go wrong there.

Third, I am currently getting ready to install the Boss setup. I have not ran it on my bike yet, but have on Markys. The pars they send you are alot better quality than the Boonies. There are more parts though, and need a place to put them all. I will let you know asap how it runs. If all goes well I will start tuning on saturday. With either of them systems, you will not need to change your carb settings at all. That way you can tune for all motor, and then the nitrous will have its own system for it.

Old 05-19-2006, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Jmac, first are you making it to Ds days this year?

Second, I rna Boondockers and had great results, you cant go wrong there.

Third, I am currently getting ready to install the Boss setup. I have not ran it on my bike yet, but have on Markys. The pars they send you are alot better quality than the Boonies. There are more parts though, and need a place to put them all. I will let you know asap how it runs. If all goes well I will start tuning on saturday. With either of them systems, you will not need to change your carb settings at all. That way you can tune for all motor, and then the nitrous will have its own system for it.
Yes I will be at ds days for sure. That would be cool if you would let me know how it works out for you. I am getting a swingarm in the next couple of weeks and want the nitrous on before june 17th out at Pismo.

Old 05-19-2006, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Hang on till Sunday, Jed and I should have had some time to tune and run Saturday and post our initial results.

My bike is at the BOSS shop and unless for some freak act of a higher power causes the fuel pumps to not show up tommorow It will be finished and ready to pick up! It will be a very cool install, we made some custom Alum. brackets to mount the bottle up front and to mount the "brain" in the back where the battery used to be, very clean just the way I like it!

Needless to say I'm very exited about this Saturday, new NOSS system bunch of DS's to play with and the Flatlanders here from Indiana. Looks to be a great day at the Dunes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-19-2006, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FatHolly
I don't know much about noss but I've been lookin', and here is what I think... the Boss Noss system seems to be the most safe because of the computer that controls the important mixing functions. The problems I have read about involve seperate parts of the system not opperating in cojunction with others resulting in a lean condition and then BOOM. The Boss Noss has a computer controlling all this so less chance of one part of the system failing resulting in catastrophic failure. Maybe that helps and maybe it doesn't... its just the thoughs of a Noss rookie who has been lookin' but is still scared.
FatHolly,

I'd just like to address your post and correct a few items. As far as the BOSS system is concerned for CARBed applications, there is no computer. However, for EFI systems, there IS. The CARBed systems do have a "smart box" which is a prewired box which holds your electrical control (arming switch, noss switch and battery connections) and your solinoids (fuel and nitrous). It also holds the nitrous regulator. So, the 'smart' part would be considered the regulator. The carbed systems have a separate fuel system. However, with EFI systems, the EFI controller (which is part of the system) boosts the injectors to add more fuel when the NOSS button is pressed. Again both systems regulate the NOSS, its simply the fuel systems that are different. Boondocker does not regulate the nitrous.

I just wanted to clarify that point.

Old 05-19-2006, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the clarification ODP. I'm really trying to wrap my head around how the Boss Noss works as I am curious as to weather it is the right product for me and my riding style. I guess I mistook the "smart box" for a computer... either way I think it is a better product than other s ou there because there is a designed unit that controlls that important functions of nitrous and fuel delivery. Thanks again for the correction.

Quick Reply: Which nitrous to get????