CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

*CANADIANS, PLEASE HELP*

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *CANADIANS, PLEASE HELP*

I have filed a complaint with the competion bureau of Canada regarding pricing of BRP products to Canadians.
What I'm asking is for you guys to call 1-800-348-5358 or file a complaint also https://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/...emID=1260&lg=e
Why is my complaint valid?
-Candians are paying from 30 to 40% MORE
-Manufacture in CANADA
-Canadian TAX monie supports BRP with many tax breaks and Grants
-Canadian are IMPORTING BRP produts from the USA hurting our economie by having Canadian $$$ going south (VERY BAD FOR THE ECONOMIE)
-This hurts Canadian dealers, consumers and all the spin of effects of buying south
If anything they should be LESS expensive here in Canada as we Canadians have supported this companie with tax doller for many years!

<U>Please, support this complain and file or call yourself. If we all sit on our butts nothing will change.</U>

Old 05-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

The sleds are made in Canada, but the quads are going to Mexico. They probably cost more for 2 reasons: the exchange rate, sales volumes.

But, yea BRP should be selling them for less of a profit locally. Maybe then, you wouldn't be riding that kitty!! LOL

Old 05-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sparky8370
The sleds are made in Canada, but the quads are going to Mexico. They probably cost more for 2 reasons: the exchange rate, sales volumes.But, yea BRP should be selling them for less of a profit locally. Maybe then, you wouldn't be riding that kitty!! LOL
After you factor in the exchage rate, they are still selling them for $3,000 MORE to Canadians. If we drive a few hours south and buy in the USA most canadian can save on tone of cash buying something that is made here with the suppost of Canadian Tax $$$

Put yourself in our shoes, imagine Arctic Cat or Polaris (made in the USA) selling to Canadians for $3,000 less than what you can buy in the US....make sence? no I "expect" to pay more for an import! not less!

And no, my Kitty is smokin' fast, I've killed eveything stock out there!

Old 05-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

When I saw the title of your thread, the very first thing that came into my mind was, "Boy, I sure hope you aren't planning to go to war"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].............after some thought I decided that might offend some of my Canadian friends. Better judgement prevailed so I will keep that little comment to myself.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Good luck with your venture[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If I could help, I would.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know why these sort of things happen. I was reading something about the outragious prices of Rx meds in the us. The drug makers send some of the drugs over to Africa and sell them for 1/50 of the price (Or something like that) and they are still making a profit. Unlike snowmobiles or ATVs, some peoples live depend on these drugs. I don't get it. But, BRP is gonna stick it to ya no matter where you live. I got a used sled this year, my first one. I was considering getting a new one (07 MXZ RS 800R), but the prices on those things are ridiculous. Even the 550 fan. I guess I'll just keep going used. I'll look for the guy who buys a machine, then it scares the crap out of him so he takes a huge hit. That's how I got my Harley.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
When I saw the title of your thread, the very first thing that came into my mind was, "Boy, I sure hope you aren't planning to go to war"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].............after some thought I decided that might offend some of my Canadian friends. Better judgement prevailed so I will keep that little comment to myself.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Good luck with your venture[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If I could help, I would.
War, lol you would be fighting yourself our Military is the US Military, what we have a Police force not a military!

Old 05-20-2006, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sparky8370
I don't know why these sort of things happen. I was reading something about the outragious prices of Rx meds in the us. The drug makers send some of the drugs over to Africa and sell them for 1/50 of the price (Or something like that) and they are still making a profit. Unlike snowmobiles or ATVs, some peoples live depend on these drugs. I don't get it. But, BRP is gonna stick it to ya no matter where you live. I got a used sled this year, my first one. I was considering getting a new one (07 MXZ RS 800R), but the prices on those things are ridiculous. Even the 550 fan. I guess I'll just keep going used. I'll look for the guy who buys a machine, then it scares the crap out of him so he takes a huge hit. That's how I got my Harley.
But remember built in OUR backyard with CANADIAN TAX DOLLERS! We pay 15% sales tax and almost 50% income tax (some of that TAX goes to BRP) and we still pay $3,000 more for an ATV made here.......darn right i'm upset!

Old 05-20-2006, 01:27 AM
Range Rover

Darnello, although I agree with you I am going to have to say that there is many more pressing issues than BRP. Why is a 40 of whisky 39$ up here and 14$ down there, a pack of cigs 9.50 here 3.30 there? A liter of gas is about 80 cents down south and 1.14 here? These are some of the things I would love to have awnsered, but I will try and help you cause.

Old 05-20-2006, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

I pay $4160 for my health insurance per year. $5200 if I put my wife on there, and that's with my employer paying 65%. Plus copays, $15 office visit and $50 emergency room visit. $1000 deductible for hospital stays per member. Many other health related expense, such as glasses for my daughter, which are not covered. How much are you guys paying for health insurance?

Old 05-20-2006, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

That doesn't include the tiered program dental insurance.