CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Quit whining about the price

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quit whining about the price

Originally posted by: Pastor
. Nobody complains about the price of a Hummer.
Think again mujombo!!! This lil asian gal is giving me a massage and she says happy finish one hunderd dolla... Im like. No sanku sweetie but i wouldn't pay pam anderson one hunder dolla for happy finish. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] what happen to sucky sucky fi buck?

Old 05-26-2006, 11:32 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

OFC, gonna spend the bucks and get a happy ending? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: Daranello75
Hmmm same price as the Sportsman 800, but the Bomb offers 6 times MORE warranty! 3 years vs 6 months. I guess we know what companie believes in its product!
BRP is doing this as a way to get customers, not because they think their products won't have any problems for the next 3 years. In fact, it is probably costing them a pretty penny.

Look at the auto market, Kia has a 100,000 mile standard waranty, Honda has a 36,000 one. Which is going to last longer?

Old 05-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can-Am/BRP has made it no secret that they are coming out with a 450 in the near future. I'm curious to see what the price will be on that.

I still think BRP needs to have a fair priced mid-sized quad to "set the hook" on potential BRP customers.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

OneFlyCowboy...Uhhh...I think we need some clarification here. A Hummer is a...............................SUV.

Old 05-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: motox26
Can-Am/BRP has made it no secret that they are coming out with a 450 in the near future.
I have hearnothing from BRP about a 450 anything. Only speculation on this forum.

Old 05-27-2006, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
This is a capitalist economic system. It is the most successful economy in history in regard to the highest percentage of the population are getting a piece of the pie. Regulating profit margins for companies has never worked and it never will. Complaining about companies charging what people are willing to pay does not make sense to me. The definition of "worth" is established by what people are willing to pay. That is how it works. If that ever gets changed by someone who doesn't understand the free market, the free market will cease to exist.

We have problems because we live in an imperfect world but I don't even want to think of the recession and subsequent problems that would come from profit regulation.

IMHO, if you don't like the price, buy something that you do like the price of.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
DS I am sure everyone doesnt want to have to read you and me getting into another economics discussion LMFAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Now I know not everyone likes when I do this, but I was handling my comments with "kid gloves" somewhat until I could see how everyone was responding etc, but I think we have a good bunch in this one who can understand or handle a somewhat brash opinion so here it goes.

I was not scolding BRP or any other mfg for their prices, and like you very well pointed out it is a free market to an extent (nothing is free anymore, but atleast we buy into the idea still) and even though I find many of the list prices high, and some even obscene on the machines, and especially the parts in this sport etc pointing that fact out was not my real intent.

What I was doing was preparring for the fact that going out and dropping $10k + on an atv when more often than not the buyer would have received the same amount of fun, nearly the same abilities, gotten to all the same places, carried all the gear they really carry, and pretty much everything else on a much lower priced machine that very possiblly could have actually fit them or their needs better than the more expensive one.

I have see it happen many times where a new or even experienced rider is caught up in all the hype over the biggest and newest model, and somehow suddenly just has to have it, but then just as suddenly after spending some ride time on it finds it just wasnt the right one for his skill, use, terrain or budget etc and just like that beautifull bride its a whole new ball game after all the new wears out.

There have been more than one rider who has been thru this, and I have seen it with sport models (damn one guy I ran into was actually afraid of his new yfz450 almost as much as how much $$$ he would lose if he sold it and went with the z400 he decided fit his needs much better) I had two guys I would ride with on occasion where one had a big bear and the other a grizz, and they rode together all the time. It was interesting to hear them discuss the two models, and how except for raw exceleration they both liked the lighter and easier to handle smaller machine (well they really preferred mine, but are sold on the 4x4, but thats another story).

So before anyone goes out and dumps a ton of "extra" cash on the most expensive model just be sure that is what you really want, and need.

I guess I was just trying to help out my fellow riders, and got caught up in the cost vs selling price part of it.

I do like the new avatar though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2006, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LawdogB2
I feel the pricing is a liability issue.. when your producing a top performing machine you want responsible buyers. people who arnt gonna be stupoid and try and sue you for chit that is not your fault.
How does having $9-$10K to spend on a quad equate to responsibilty? Idiocy crosses all social and economic boundaries. I believe that in most cases it is a matter of priorities. I know some guys who live in old run down trailers or old houses that the wind blows through who, should they decide that a $10K quad is what they want, that is what they will have. They will turn right around and refuse to spend money on a helmet because they are too expensive. Won't buy new tires for their truck for the same reason. Some of those guys are the same ones that do the most idiotic stuff on their quads. As far that goes, I have some friends who make six figures a year that are real dumbasses on their quads as well. Noble idea, good attempt at making reason of the high prices. But in my experience, high prices alone won't keep the riff raff out. Besides, it all comes down to overhead and profit margin. But that horse has been beaten to dust already. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][/quote]

Well said!!

In one of my others hobbies (boating) there is constant new propossed regulation to control the ever growing amount of overly wealthy people who are absolute idiots.

I mean people with $500,000 to a bizzillion dollar boat who dont have a damn clue on operating it, and unlike their kitchen where they are smart enough to hire a cook they become macho and try to captain it themslelves (well except the smart ones who hire a captian to either operate their vessel or train them to do it the right way, but were not talking about them are we LOL).

In this state (nj) there has been enough related issues to allow one of the various bills to get past all the very powerfull boating groups (something we lack in this sport) and lobbies etc and we now have a sort of licensing law that is being phased in over the next so many years. One good point is that its not just a paper and fee one to fill the states various budget shortcomings, but one that requires actuall coast guard training (or approved) to be certified and legal.

Though I hate stuff like this as it really infringes on our freedoms as americans I can also appreciate it since it will seriously deal with the whole problem of idiots with lots of cash!!!!

Old 05-27-2006, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: Pastor
. Nobody complains about the price of a Hummer.
Think again mujombo!!! This lil asian gal is giving me a massage and she says happy finish one hunderd dolla... Im like. No sanku sweetie but i wouldn't pay pam anderson one hunder dolla for happy finish. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] what happen to sucky sucky fi buck?
So you know zuki huh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone else?

Quick Reply: Quit whining about the price