CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Quit whining about the price

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 12:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quit whining about the price

My quad will be as reliable as yours, and the other guys will last as long as mine, as long as you take care of it, and maintence it as required. The quad industry isnt any different than going grocery shopping, the Cub foods brand milk tastes and will spoil at the same time as Kemps!! If someone wants to pay for a "name", thats their choice.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: v2rider
My quad will be as reliable as yours, and the other guys will last as long as mine, as long as you take care of it, and maintence it as required. The quad industry isnt any different than going grocery shopping, the Cub foods brand milk tastes and will spoil at the same time as Kemps!! If someone wants to pay for a "name", thats their choice.

I have to agree that proper maint. will allow any atv to be reliable for many years etc, but I cant go along with the comparison to the store branded products, and especially due to the single fact that were not talking about a $3 gallon of milk or cornflakes, but a atv that will cost many thousands of dollars, and just can not be poured down the drain if your unhappy with your purchase.

You also make another interesting point in "paying for a name" because brand name recognition is very important to both the consumer, and even more so to the mfg who normally has invested lots of time and money to create a positive recognition of their brand.

This is something that can benefit the consumer by allowing there to be a known or perceived quality within a brand, but it also creates a situation where higher prices paid do not always come with higher quality or a more valuable product.

Even though most times brand name mfg's go to great length to produce a product that will continue their much enjoyed reputation there are still times when the "bean counters" will put so much pressure on increasing profits that after a time there becomes a larger spread between the perceived quality and value, and that which is actually part of their product.

So my point is that even though there are some well known and respected mfg's in our sport who have achieved high levels of name recognition and even brand loyalty there is still the ever present need for a business's to be profitable that remains the driving force behind their mfg, marketing, and pricing etc. This the fact remains that no matter what brand you may prefer they are in business to make $$$$, and when the actual value becomes too distant from price, and there is more marketing towards hype than quality etc there is a very good chance you may not actually be getting what you bargained for.

To relate back to the store brand relationship just consider that even though many times it may actually be the very same product packaged differently, and other times a totally differerent product made by a more local company its a choice that can be made by making a small $$$ purchase for a store brand and then making a decision, but when your looking at a new atv that can cost over $10k (thats crazy btw) and for many its a decision based solely on inexperienced rider comments, magazine reviews and bravado that creates a totally different situation.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

It seems alot of people here that have these expensive 800's are ones who are sport riders. Most seem to have come from a 2wd. Sure the 800 is fast, so is my machine, now lets go through a little mud, maybe some sticks and over some small trees. This is what utility machines are made for. Most of the trails I ride have maybe a 100 yard straight away. My machine will get there just as fast.

As for Pastor, yes I have seen his posts and he seems to just like to talk alot. No biggie. I just know that the prices he stated on other machines, they had to of seen him coming. Don't even wanna know what the 800 costs. I don't even wanna think what repairs cost.

As far as warranty, I can get a 3 year warranty on my 750 for $375. Never had a problem with my 650, so I'm wondering if there is a point for me to buy it yet. Warranty is nothing to even talk about when comparing atv's. Well maybe, what does a BRP spark plug sell for.......$30??????

Old 06-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

for all you BRP fans that didnt see this in the other area i posted, here is a little treat for you that you may not know about:

preliminary test of renegade with allot more pics and specs... has a anti theft device on it too. i dont know if that is a standard with BRP or not... just passing the info along to you., so all you bombers and 'elitists' could see it if you havent already. if it just wasnt 600lbs and $9300....

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/....jsp?id=327908

if they can make a rengade 500 and keep the weight down...

but anti-theft is a good idea for ALL bikes...

Old 06-08-2006, 01:25 AM
Range Rover

Isnt a AC 650 twin just a suzuki? engine, tranny and suspention. Man it's like people who drive WS6's complaining about people who can afford to buy a Porshe. There both good cars/bikes, hell the best bike's but it becomes petty, almost class warfare lol.

I rode my fiends new 800 and the thing handles like a dream and the power is absolutly amazing. Now against my best friends H1 ac that is 2 months old the bomb was getting through the mud better, then the H1 crapped a axle. then the bomb went into a mud hole that swallowed the bike past the handle bars. The engine was not shut off, it ran untill it was full of mud. sucked mud into the crankcase breather and destroyed the engine, although it never stopped running he took it in and they found bad bearings and everything else.

THEY WARRANTIED IT, lol i've always heard in the past that the customer service was horrible, not this time. Submergance is mostly not covered.

****GUYS WITH THE 800, THE CRANKCASE BEATHER IS IN THE AIR BOX, AND IS UNFILTERed, YALL NEED TO MOVE THAT THING UP TO THE BARS AND PUT A SMALL FILTER ON IT WITH A SMALL OUTERWEAR.******* DONT SMOKE YOUR ENGINE.!.

jay

Old 06-08-2006, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

Roofer...Yes, I do like to talk...about things that matter. obviously, you feel that way or you wouldnt be in here. I have had my share of "pricey" quads...no comparison at all with the Bomb. I see you own a brute...nice. Certainly you can apprecaite a machine that dominates...trust me Mr. Roofer...the Bomb dominates. Anyone who has been on one will concur! That is what you are paying for. It is worth it to me and many others...whats wrong with that?

Old 06-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bigike
Isnt a AC 650 twin just a suzuki? engine, tranny and suspention. Man it's like people who drive WS6's complaining about people who can afford to buy a Porshe. There both good cars/bikes, hell the best bike's but it becomes petty, almost class warfare lol.

I rode my fiends new 800 and the thing handles like a dream and the power is absolutly amazing. Now against my best friends H1 ac that is 2 months old the bomb was getting through the mud better, then the H1 crapped a axle. then the bomb went into a mud hole that swallowed the bike past the handle bars. The engine was not shut off, it ran untill it was full of mud. sucked mud into the crankcase breather and destroyed the engine, although it never stopped running he took it in and they found bad bearings and everything else.

THEY WARRANTIED IT, lol i've always heard in the past that the customer service was horrible, not this time. Submergance is mostly not covered.

****GUYS WITH THE 800, THE CRANKCASE BEATHER IS IN THE AIR BOX, AND IS UNFILTERed, YALL NEED TO MOVE THAT THING UP TO THE BARS AND PUT A SMALL FILTER ON IT WITH A SMALL OUTERWEAR.******* DONT SMOKE YOUR ENGINE.!.

jay

No, the h1 650 is all AC, the 650V2 is kawis vtwin, which is comparable to boms 650 vtwin. Also, the suspension in the cats are all AC design. Thats why the are the better mudding, and rock crwling machines. The AC also backs their quads with a 3 yr warranty. What does that say?? They are just as confident as Bom. Go figure.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Range Rover

Right i understand what the h1 is, heck my friend with the 800 outty just bought his wife a H1. Great quad if thats your thing (Slow and steady). Now what this post is about is the fact that just because something cost more is somehow sucks, and now has to be flamed buy owners of quads that some would say are infeariar but still good quads. Heck I'm a happy owner of another north american quad builder that the rice burners cant wait to flame, i pull them out of the mud anyways.

quit bashing the outty, it is a amazing quad, ground breaking at every level. TTI frame is subject to bending under extreme conditions, put a flippin undercaraige guard on it and a bumper and you have no worries.

youve got to hate class warfare

also the ac/suzuki/polaris dealer told me the ac is the suzuki with more GC and higher price tag told me to buy a king quad. But i will never buy Jap bikes ever. so its POOPOO, KItty Kat, or Can-Am for me. All make amazing quads in every price range.

bed time

Old 06-09-2006, 07:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im not bashing outty, im just saying i dont think its superior than other quads. They have their plus sides, and the other brands have theirs. Bom has more power, AC has more ground clearance. Bom has a more comfortable suspension, AC has speedrack. I dont know alot about other brands(Polaris, Honda......) but im sure they have and they lack points outty has and doesnt have.

Old 06-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Range Rover

they both have 12in. You are right better suspention, more engine and reliable rotax engineering, 8500 striped not that bad a deal. An yourself a favor and test drive one you will them understand. My friend with one also has a 04 400ac and a new h1 he loves them all but will tell you the 800 wins hands down.

Quick Reply: Quit whining about the price