CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bowling Video at L.S. Utah - Helmet Cam

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 12:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bowling Video at L.S. Utah - Helmet Cam

That's pretty cool. Gotta get me one of those helmet cams. Props to the guy with it on his helmet, trying his best to keep people in the shot and still maintain a safe course for hiself. Been up those fingers before, I got a laugh at the end of the video about it being daylight. Cameras never do capture how steep things realy are. Those that have been there can appreciate it though. Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

Here are some of the other ones that Hightower has not linked too yet....

Monster Bowl Plus

Air Hillclimb

Air Leads us Home

Up the Hill

Long Bowl Run

Old 05-30-2006, 01:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hightower
Here's a video of a run up the Fingers. For those of you unfamiliar, the Fingers are left of the Face of Sand Mountain - they are the same height as the mountain, but much steeper. The cameraman is on the hill filming, so it looks more like flat ground than steep grade, but this is the tallest and steepest climb in the country make no mistake.
That's me on my '01 DS stage II, halfway in 3rd gear, then drop to 2nd.
She's a razor at the top with a 6 foot drop-off, on this particular day...

Finger Climb

All you guys going to DS Days - you gotta hit the fingers! But I guarantee, not all of you will! And of those of you who do give them a whirl, not all of you will make it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Great climb Chris!! Now how about a bad shift fork and it jumps out of second about 50 feet from the top[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] LOL YIKES[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2006, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wshrdskin
That's pretty cool. Gotta get me one of those helmet cams. Props to the guy with it on his helmet, trying his best to keep people in the shot and still maintain a safe course for hiself. Been up those fingers before, I got a laugh at the end of the video about it being daylight. Cameras never do capture how steep things realy are. Those that have been there can appreciate it though. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks,, I am getting used to keeping the camera on the correct area.. I have only had it out a couple of times.. This camera is completely self contained. I do not have to take my high dollar digital camcorder out to the sand.. It uses an SD card to record on and 4 AAA batteries. I use a 1 gig card and rechargable batteries.. I mounted it on the helmet at the bolt location of the visor. I removed the stock bolt and got a longer one to accommidate a few tapered shims and the mount. works great... Below is a link to the camera.. All the above videos where taken using this camera..

Helmet Cam

Old 05-30-2006, 10:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Awesome additins Trxoutlawz and Air!!

thanks a million!

Old 05-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trxoutlawz

Thanks,, I am getting used to keeping the camera on the correct area.. I have only had it out a couple of times.. This camera is completely self contained. I do not have to take my high dollar digital camcorder out to the sand.. It uses an SD card to record on and 4 AAA batteries. I use a 1 gig card and rechargable batteries.. I mounted it on the helmet at the bolt location of the visor. I removed the stock bolt and got a longer one to accommidate a few tapered shims and the mount. works great... Below is a link to the camera.. All the above videos where taken using this camera..

Helmet Cam
Thanks for the link. Much appreciated as are the videos. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trxoutlawz

Helmet Cam
Thanks again. Ok now I have some questions for ya. "Edit". Ok, I found most of the answers to my questions by viewing the manual. As for the length of time a 1 gig card will record? Could you post your results with the 1gig card? Thanks.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wshrdskin
Helmet Cam
Thanks again. Ok now I have some questions for ya. "Edit". Ok, I found most of the answers to my questions by viewing the manual. As for the length of time a 1 gig card will record? Could you post your results with the 1gig card? Thanks.[/quote]

Ok, maybe I didnt read this right, but what is it that you would like to know.. I get an hour of video with the 1 gig card.. All the results as far as how the recordings are, they are posted. Check out the videos above.. They were all made with Windows movie maker.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

haha dont worry your not the only one who is illiterate and blind! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The price on that cam is very attractive especially as it is stand alone and dosnt require a high dollar camcorder. I have a decent digital camcorder but of course its JUST old enough so that it dosnt have the LANC port for the lanc remote so in order to start/stop recording and turn it on/off I would have to pull the cam out of the bag each time (not a HUGE deal but annoying none the less!) If you can get a good hour or more off a 1 gig card it seems well worth it to me. Can you adjust the rate at which it records (as in quality- fps?) that would be pretty handy.

Vids are definitely impressive and thanks to all of you guys for taking the time to share!

Old 05-31-2006, 01:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Those are great video's I have been planning on buying one for my husband now I am sold. Now I just have to learn to edit like that. Very nice. Can't wait to get our own. Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Bowling Video at L.S. Utah - Helmet Cam