CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bowling Video at L.S. Utah - Helmet Cam

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bowling Video at L.S. Utah - Helmet Cam

Originally posted by: 01ds650
my kid likes watching our vids on the computer. I thought about getting one to see if he'd watch that type of ride.

I noticed it only says 15fps, do you find it still looks satisfactory most of the time?
Watch the vids... it is what it is.. You also have to remember.. I have lowered the quality of the vids so I can post them on the web..

Old 06-02-2006, 07:08 AM
Pro Rider

Did you lower the quality on the camera or through software later?

Your vids look good. Just wondered how it did say on the trails in trees with not as much light?
Have you ever played the vids on your TV? If so, what did you think?

Old 06-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 01ds650
Did you lower the quality on the camera or through software later?

Your vids look good. Just wondered how it did say on the trails in trees with not as much light?
Have you ever played the vids on your TV? If so, what did you think?
What you see so far is all that I have done.. I do know it doesnt like the low light level indoors. It does look dark. I have never set up to watch on TV. The reason I got this unit was for making some vids of the rides as I have done.. If you are wanting a lot more out of the camera and more bells and whistles... then this camera is probably not what you want. There are better and more expensive cameras out there..

Old 06-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

no digital video camera lense of any compact size will get good results in low indoor lighting, it is to be expected. both of my digital cameras which also have the option of taking video clips take great video when lighting is really good but when lighting is mediocre then the videos are dark. Sunlight always makes for better vids than artificial light too.

this $91 helmet cam is perfect for what I want it for, I'm gonna get one. I'm sure it will take great footage in the woods as long as its daylight, but evening time or rainy days may be questionable. later on after I've gotten one I'll post back and let you all know.

Thanks again Chuck - and hey while we're on the subject of videos, got any more made up to link us to? I can't get enough man, I'm still living the dream every time I watch!!

Old 06-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Chris, I am working on editing some more..

Old 06-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Hightower if you get the camera soon & take some vids in the woods let me know how they turn out. If they are good I may too have to invest in that camera.

Old 06-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

Ok Chris, here is another video that Rusty edited. Great bowling out back ..

Enjoy everyone..

Another Video

Old 06-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

Also Chris.. I put up your race video.. Check out the link...
Hightowers Race Video

Old 06-09-2006, 12:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hightower
Here's a video of a run up the Fingers. For those of you unfamiliar, the Fingers are left of the Face of Sand Mountain - they are the same height as the mountain, but much steeper. The cameraman is on the hill filming, so it looks more like flat ground than steep grade, but this is the tallest and steepest climb in the country make no mistake.
That's me on my '01 DS stage II, halfway in 3rd gear, then drop to 2nd.
She's a razor at the top with a 6 foot drop-off, on this particular day...

Finger Climb

All you guys going to DS Days - you gotta hit the fingers! But I guarantee, not all of you will! And of those of you who do give them a whirl, not all of you will make it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I am a little confused by this. I have done some steep runs where I had to be way up over my bars with a +4 swingarm. I can understand the camera making the hill look flatter than it is, but Hightower has a stock swingarm in this video and it doesn't look like he ever has to stand up over the bars on this climb.

I certainly am not trying to minimize the accomplishment, I am simply finding it hard to be frightened by a hill that you can sit down for the entire climb with a stock swingarm[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2006, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

DSNUT,,
No one ever said this was a "widowmaker" hill climb.. This is sand. It only stacks so steep.. and it is sliding down as you are trying to go up.. Yes, the video makes it look less steep than it is. We are more than willing to watch you make the climb,, come on out and we will ride..

Quick Reply: Bowling Video at L.S. Utah - Helmet Cam