CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bowling Video at L.S. Utah - Helmet Cam

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bowling Video at L.S. Utah - Helmet Cam

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Oh you wait!

Ron, I have seen the tree shoots at florence, and they are steep. I think the moisture holds the sand to keep it that steep. I think these at the top are just about as steep, but the scary part is if you stall or whathaveya, its a long..long...long way down. I ran the shoots in third...barely....on my stage one and two. Sometimes I would have to shift, and that moment right there is some of the most frightning moments I have ever dealt with. LOVE IT!!!

Most people dont even try them, so that should tell you right there how scary they are. But for a well seasoned rider like you, you'll have her wooped. And if not, I will be at the bottom laughing!!! Bahahaha, just kidding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew I wouldn't make it in 3rd, I'm just too big, so as soon as my tach dropped below 7K I dropped to 2nd and wound out over 9K the rest of the way. right after the shift my nadsack scoots up to the tank, and the front wheels quit turning for the rest of the climb, just floating and skipping.

its intimidating as hell to look up at from the bottom, then you go up the face and come over to look down the fingers, and its worse. but once I said screw it and made the 1st climb, I realized it really wasn't bad afterall, and then I couldn't get enough. Must have hit it 2 dozen times before I left that week. Loads of fun!!

Old 06-09-2006, 12:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Oh you wait!

Ron, I have seen the tree shoots at florence, and they are steep. I think the moisture holds the sand to keep it that steep. I think these at the top are just about as steep, but the scary part is if you stall or whathaveya, its a long..long...long way down. I ran the shoots in third...barely....on my stage one and two. Sometimes I would have to shift, and that moment right there is some of the most frightning moments I have ever dealt with. LOVE IT!!!

Most people dont even try them, so that should tell you right there how scary they are. But for a well seasoned rider like you, you'll have her wooped. And if not, I will be at the bottom laughing!!! Bahahaha, just kidding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Hey Jed,

I am not minimizing the climb. Just trying to get her figured out. Can you sit down the whole time without a swingarm?

The longest run I have done is straight up Devils Dune slowing to crest the razor at the top. You are right about some of the tree chutes in Oregon. I have found the toughest ones to be at Winchester and CoosBay. You are literally leaning over the bars with your head just above your headlight to the point traction is blowing out causing you to bounce on the pegs with your feet to get traction back.

I have much less trouble with my plus 6.

Oh yeah, Jed what swingarm length are you running on your stockbore Noss bike?

Old 06-09-2006, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

Well if your familiar with St Anns. The chutes to the left and right of Choke are about the same steepness of the fingers. I think them chutes are even more scary though. Choke Cherry bushes to each side of you, and no run out on the bottom. Its enough to scare anyone.

Right now I have a plus 2 on her. I have not got my suspension setup correctly yet, so its been fine. Once I get it to transfer, it might tell a different story. I have yet to try nitrous launches yet, so I dont know what it will do there either.

I dont think I have ever climbed something that has put me over the bars, and out of my seat. I usually hang off the back, then as I start going through the chutes, I pull myself up to the tank. If I have to down shift, I lean over the bars, but stay seated.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks for the info.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have been up on both sides of Chokecherry...............they are as steep as Chokecherry used to be. You are so right about the fear factor when you don't have any platform at the bottom![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I know you will want more swingarm than that with the power you have. My traction and launch speed improved so much when i went +6. On all motor +6 is perfect. I can thrust downforce on the bars with a full rpm launch (7000rpm about) and all the energy is used propelling me forward. I have a +8 in the paintshop as we speak that will go on after the 4th of July. My Boss Noss showed up yesterday and I want to be able to do Noss launches and I don't think +6 will be enough.

Well anyway,.............one thing for sure, Hightower you made a tuff run look easy. That's some skills, there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

+8? Wowza, thats one helloflong swinger you got there!lol I was pretty sure I would want more, just dont want to let go of my chrome TBR.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

+8? Wowza, thats one helloflong swinger you got there!lol I was pretty sure I would want more, just dont want to let go of my chrome TBR.
Y'know I thought when I went +4 I would lose trailability........Nope[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I figured when I went +6 I would lose trailability........Nope[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now that I am getting ready to go +8, I figure I will lose some trailability................I mean I would have to, wouldn't I[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I was impressed with how little my other riding suffered with a longer swingarm.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trxoutlawz
DSNUT,,
No one ever said this was a "widowmaker" hill climb.. This is sand. It only stacks so steep.. and it is sliding down as you are trying to go up.. Yes, the video makes it look less steep than it is. We are more than willing to watch you make the climb,, come on out and we will ride..
I will be there Labor Day weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'll run up them then.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Y'know I thought when I went +4 I would lose trailability........Nope[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I figured when I went +6 I would lose trailability........Nope[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now that I am getting ready to go +8, I figure I will lose some trailability................I mean I would have to, wouldn't I[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I was impressed with how little my other riding suffered with a longer swingarm.
I am as well. I run the stock y2k swinger on my wifes, cuz I want to pull the front end up and play around. You dont feel you lost that too much?

Old 06-09-2006, 02:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT

I am as well. I run the stock y2k swinger on my wifes, cuz I want to pull the front end up and play around. You dont feel you lost that too much?
Yes, I lost that too much[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] +4 was perfect for play. My motor didn't over power my setup like it did on stock swingarm, yet the front could be pulled up almost anytime. Now with the +6 I have to hit the powerband just right to pull it up when riding..........it will still power a slow wheelie all the way up if you lug it down in 2nd gear and punch it on hard pack sand. It will go all the way over before you rev out...........but it comes up slowely[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I will say again though, My launches are two bike lengths better with the +6 over the +4.

Quick Reply: Bowling Video at L.S. Utah - Helmet Cam