CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Just purchased the Outty 800.....questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just purchased the Outty 800.....questions

Love my new bomb, but I am wondering if a couple of things are "normal":

1. When starting from a stopped position at very gentle subtle throttle the 800 feels a little weird. It vibrates a bit from the rear as if the drive shafts are sinking up or something. You can even see this "waffling" in the front as it is taking off. Keep in mind this is my first IRS quad, I am used to a Kawi KFX 700 which has no IRS. The Outty smooths out after it picks up a little speed and is fine. I am not used to this and wonder if it is normal or if I need to have the dealer look at it.

2. When on my concrete driveway turning a tight circle at low speeds the rear tires squawl a bit more than I am used to, and it appears as if the rear tires are turning with the 800 as if it has rear wheel steering.

3. The salesman said there was a 3 year warranty, but I can find no documentation of such. Did anyone else get documentation for this?

Is there anything I should be concerned about here? Also are there any other items or nuances that I should be aware of with the '06 models?

Old 06-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

bump

Old 06-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

just enjoy it....

and you better get the warranty in writing fast....

i have gotten 3 flats

blown the water pump gasket

and KICKED everyones azz that i have come in contact with...2 and 4 wd

the best machine ever...ever..ever

Old 06-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the most elite group of ATV owners...I also have been enjoying the wonders of this machine. Let me tell you what they told me regarding the warranty...it is all computerized and was "logged" when the sale was recorded. This is "exactly" what the dealer told me. Call the dealer and verify this as i did. They sent me a record of the computerized log.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

Thank you pastor, I will ask them that. They already are trying to get me some documentation together.

Do you have any of this vibration/jerkyness at very slow acceleration, say under 5 mph? And do you notice excessive tire squawl when turning tight a tight radius on concrete?

Old 06-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

No, i dont experience the jerkiness. However, check everything from tire pressure (very overlooked factor) to loose components (I sincerely doubt this). The tire squall, I believe is normal. I have the carlisle's and they make alot of noise...I suppose it is due to the tread design. I have had other bikes do it as well, if we are talking about the same thing here it is nothing to worry about...let 'er rip!

Old 06-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Trailblazer

The "jerkyness" should not be there. Mine is very smooth on the slow takeoff. The manual calls for at leats thirty miles for the CVT belt to "break -in". How many ,miles do you have on the ATV? If the belt is jumping because it's not broke in that may cause it.

Also, being a little familiar with production, and because these bikes have become the hottest selling bikes I'm sure that Bombardier is trying to crank them out faster than ever. If that is so, mistakes can happen on the assembly line I suppose and would not ignore that possibility. Your or the dealer should check over the drive line in detail, fluids etc.

Trending Topics

Old 06-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

Well, it looks like I will take it back to the dealer for service on Monday and see if we can get this problem nipped in the bud...I only have about 24 miles and 2 hours on it.

Hope they can get it fixed right without a fight. I love this machine!

Pastor, Do you use that winch much? I opted not to go for the XT package since I didnt' want to add any additional weight to it, though I wouldn't mind having that front bumper for additional protection, though is does seems to stick out there a little bit increasing the length of the machine.