CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

4sw pismo

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4sw pismo

The system is traditional in that the button is on the left side and the throttle is a moose thumb throttle. No micro switches to go bad... or to be really fast - depending on how you want to look at it.

I hope that Mark chimes in. I'll have my other bottle full but I sure would like to know that the change over won't have a huge effect on delivery.

Old 06-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 4sw pismo

Thats fair enough. We can bring a micro switch setup for the Moose. But you would have to splice in the wires. I should be fine either way, it is just easier to shift without the button.

I just tried to call Mark, he's ignoring me.........I will try again..........nope wont answer.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4sw pismo

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
Viper, I think you'll like it.... It's not wheelie prone at all. I think you're going to get the call to ride this mess if you would do me the honor. Me on it won't do much, so if you would like, you can run the beast. I need someone who has NO2 experience... knows when to shut down and knows when to go for it. Mario says you're like 95lbs wet! Just kidding...

Anyway, hope to see you there Friday afternoon for testing and tuning.

Beech, anywhere to get nitrous close by?

Also, if Marky (Oregon Dune Patrol) is looking in on this thread... what is the difference between a standard bottle without the pick up and turned it's head and the BD bottle turned on it's head? Just have the two bottles and wanted to know if there would be a marketable difference in the two.

The BD and the BN bottle valves look the same, but they are different. We have our valves made for us, but they are of a similar design (side valve) that many snomobiliers love. Our valves have larger orafices in them. Basically on something thats a 15-20 hp shot, the flow of nitrous is pretty similar. However, a BD bottle valve on our system with a 25hp shot wont flow enough to get you to 25hp. For smaller shots, since the flow is less, so will the nitrous flow, and could result in tuning issues if you didnt readjust the MFM for it. If you have a carbon BD bottle and like it, you can put our valve in it. Our valves are very easy to remove. However BD likes to put thread lock on thiers, so removing thier valve and putting ours in its place is possible, just sometimes difficult. You can order valves alone from BN.

The highest flowing valve, made for really high HP applications are being made, I just havent seen them yet. They flow nearly twice the nitrous of our normal high flowing valve. That, with the new high flow fuel pumps will have the ability to boost up to 100hp. Thats whats on the horizon.

Since we're talking about it, and other people might not know, bottle siphons are generally not recommened with any side valve bottle. The siphons themselves actually screw into the bottle valve orafice and restrict it further. This is not a problem for 25hp and below with the BN valve and BN system. However, once the new high flowing valves are available, you can siphon those all day long! I got the prototype on my EX and have had excellent results. I think I went through about 3 siphons and bottle valves before I found a combination that worked well.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4sw pismo

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
The system is traditional in that the button is on the left side and the throttle is a moose thumb throttle. No micro switches to go bad... or to be really fast - depending on how you want to look at it.

I hope that Mark chimes in. I'll have my other bottle full but I sure would like to know that the change over won't have a huge effect on delivery.

If you want to keep your nitrous, and your bottle and valve, you will have to re-tune the MFM. Since the nitrous flows less, you will have to take fuel away. The proceedure for that is to start over at 5 turns out and work your way back. By the time you retune, you'll be out of nitrous for one bottle! Then you'll have to retune again for the BN bottle. Like I said in my previous post, its best simply to use the same valves on everything. Bottles themselves can be reused, just get the same valve - the BN flows better for more HP.

Just wanted to add one more point, which many people ask when this subject comes up - The regulator on the BN system is a pressure regulator not a flow regulator - which is why you have to re-tune when the flow is different, such as when changing bottles with smaller/larger orafice size on the valve. If there was a flow regulator in there, you couldnt change nozzles and get different HP.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default 4sw pismo

Marky, he is meaning if he changes bottles on his Boondocker kit, will it effect him much?

Old 06-13-2006, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default 4sw pismo

Oh,

I dont think you'll have to retune the BD manifold for a bottle change between a siphoned bottle and one without - but hard to tell for sure. Usually re-tuning with that system is more associated with extreme elevation changes or extreme temp changes, not bottle changes.

As you know when I went from sea level to 5,000 feet, I had to rejet the air pressure off of the vent tubes in the carb by enlarging the the size of the orafice caps. That was due to a combination of higher temp and higher elevation. My pressure went from 2.5 on the manometer to 9. So, what he should probably do is check with his manometer when he gets to the new location where he is riding. If he isnt changing the elevation and the temp is close to what it was the last time he adjusted the air pressure, he's probably fine.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default 4sw pismo

DaBeechMan,
If I bring a female with me that needs a shower and a bathroom.....do you think it might be possible to use your faciliteils rather than rent a room for her to get cleaned up I hate toget a room for get to get one shower but will if needed????? It would be much appreciated and I would make it worth your inconvenience????....Mario, Mike, Jed and others I will be based out of a 28 foot enclosed I will bring allot of extra DS Parts and tools and the trailer will be a home base for all the DS guys if needed???????????????

Thanks,
Tom

Old 06-13-2006, 05:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 4sw pismo

yeah sure. thats not a problem. its mainly a "guys" house so have her bring her own fancy hair products and such [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

it isnt an inconvienence either, dont sweat it

Old 06-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default 4sw pismo

Cool thanks a lot Beech............Just a few day's left......Glenn are you getting those bottles of Crown ready?????????????????????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Tom

Old 06-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default 4sw pismo

He!! ya. With the way Mario likes to mix fuel, we just might need them services, lol!! Looking forward to it!

Quick Reply: 4sw pismo