CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ensenada FUN ride! July 16th. (Rene, u b there?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ensenada FUN ride! July 16th. (Rene, u b there?)

Originally posted by: Johnnyairtime

So... are ya saying you like it... or don't like it?!
I was just commenting on the idea that any "ride" involving more than one bike, a designated starting point, and a designated ending point is a race no doubt about it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And I love it... a race that is.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

if you backed up the link and removed the duplicate HTTP... it would have worked for ya! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Computer 101 Basics.
101 basics huh? Isn't posting the link right in the first place the first day of that class. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LMFAO... J/K

The "ride" sounds like fun... is this more suited for dirt bikes or will quads make it easily? And also is it sketchy at all taking your bike into Baja? I'm trying to talk my buddies into doing it... but they are a bunch of biotches... scared to take their quads down for fear of a federale taking a liking to one of their bikes.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

I remeber once when I rode from Buttercup to Mexico, and when we were crossing the Border the US side told me we entered Mexico illegally............ I said well???? aint that a switch! apparently they don't find that amusing LOL
Just Bring chains and Locks or en enclosed trailer.
Im trying to get permission from the girl friend to go run amiuck with the boys that weekend, hear that Fat Holly, getting my Pacifico drinking arm ready!

Old 06-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FatHolly
Originally posted by: JohnnyairtimeSo... are ya saying you like it... or don't like it?!
I was just commenting on the idea that any "ride" involving more than one bike, a designated starting point, and a designated ending point is a race no doubt about it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And I love it... a race that is.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
if you backed up the link and removed the duplicate HTTP... it would have worked for ya! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Computer 101 Basics.
101 basics huh? Isn't posting the link right in the first place the first day of that class. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LMFAO... J/K The "ride" sounds like fun... is this more suited for dirt bikes or will quads make it easily? And also is it sketchy at all taking your bike into Baja? I'm trying to talk my buddies into doing it... but they are a bunch of biotches... scared to take their quads down for fear of a federale taking a liking to one of their bikes.
COOL!! and come on... I failed computer 101~! hahaha....

DON'T SWEAT taking bikes into Mex (you can insure them, and your vehilces - recommended).
I do it all the time. '05 Excursion, 30' Weekend Warrior, golf cart, bike, quad... dogs... it all goes with me! Never a problem as long as your a law abiding person. Also, your not allowed more than 5g of gas per vehicle... you can buy gas in Ensenada. MAKE sure to have all registrations for vehicle and bike. If your checked, and don't have registration they can deny you entrance to Mex with whatever you don't have reg. on.

The ride is awesome, and your taken through to some cool places outside of Ensenada. The ride is made up mostly of quads.... why? Well, the locals ride this ride like it was the Baja 100! There's tons of people who show up from the slow... super novice types... to the fast and Pro level riders. But don't be discouraged from either.... it becomes so spread out it doesn't matter. Bring your quad, a gas can, registration... and sign up in the am ready to ride.

You get a shirt, and all the food (hot dogs, tacos, carnitas, carne asada....) and drink (sodas, beer...) you can consume after the ride.

If you can't make the 100 miles or so the course will take... you put your (full) gas can on the 'gas trailer' and it'll meet you at the gas stop. Last year we (the front runners) beat the gas trucks and had to fill up at the local Pemex... pretty funny.

You all should make the drive... you won't be dissapointed.

I'll be there from Friday to Sunday night.
Also... I'm looking for a guy on here who rode a DS650... I've met'em at the rides. Nice guy... and HAULS ***!!! I mean... faster than most on 4 wheels. And he's 40 something years old! Just older than me!

J-

Old 06-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

Hey be nice to us 40 year olds now!
Hummm do I take the DS or the Quadzilla?

Old 06-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ERBEDS650
Hey be nice to us 40 year olds now!Hummm do I take the DS or the Quadzilla?
That's DS countryside!!!

And you don't have to worry about pre-mix!!

Old 06-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Range Rover

How weird I've never heard of this and my parents have a house ou there...nice to know thanks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DUNERIDER33
How weird I've never heard of this and my parents have a house ou there...nice to know thanks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
No problem...!

You gonna be there?

It's sure to be a huge quad blowout. I mean, every quad in Mexico shows up I think.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Like I said, I'll be on a bike.
I don't like riding or following those dust makers. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

John

Old 06-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

LOL I may go with out a Quad , just for the beer and food!

Old 06-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds good to me... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The cost for beer and food alone is much less...
$38 is what a rider pays, with food, beer/soda, and a t-shirt.

GREAT deal!

Old 06-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Man, I'd sure as heck like to participate in this but as luck would have it we have inventory on the 17th.....would be tough to get back here by 5 AM that Monday. Now that I have my new truck (see my sig) I'll be planning on taking some long hauls now.