CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Florence, 4th of July Roll Call!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florence, 4th of July Roll Call!!!!!

Sorry I didnt make it down to florence on Sun. We were there on Sat for most of the day. I got me a noise ticket on the first ride. They had a trap setup on the beach access and were pullin everyone over and testing them. Ive never seen so many cops on the sand. We parked on the sand at south jetty. Every third vehicle that went by us was a cop. For those who are interested a CT pipe with 20 disc's is 102. the same pipe with 10 disc's is 105. If I remember right less discs less sound, right? I asked for a courtesy check in the parking lot before we headed out after I took out half the disc's. Rode Winchester the rest of the weekend I only saw one cop on the sand and zero sound checks. Spent most of monday on the GF's z400 just dunin. I had a blast on that thing, she had to practically pry me off it. I forgot how much fun it is just to dune with your buddies instead of tweaking on my bike to see if I could beat that last banshee that handed it to me.

Riddle didnt work out to well and ended up not running. Im disappointed I really wanted to see what she will do. I guess I'll just have to wait to dunefest.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

Keith removing discs should always mean lower decibel levels.The sound readings that you were given must have been from someone who is not very good at using the equipment.It would seem that there are far more important issues that the law enforcement could be focusing on.We rode Florence Sunday.Monday and Tuesday and the enforcement was everywhere.

Old 07-06-2006, 12:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
OHHHH, OK! Now were are seeing the other side of the coin here....hmm, you can go ahead and count a couple bikes to the axle alone. Another bike or so to the fox floats and subframe. If we look at this spectrum a little closer, I can see this stock bore bike breathing on your 730 aweful hard on the hill. Setup being equal, I can see him pulling you by a couple bikes to half hill and you making those 2 bikes up on the rest of the hill. Now this would mean yall be run neck and neck at the top. Now we are comparing apples to apples.

Before you boys were trying to compare a built, lightweight 730 to a built, stock weight stock bore. You boys should know better than that, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

PS: Maybe you can see where your built 730's compare to a 300lb dragster, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Keep thinking along those lines............................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] At the speed we are accelerating already it takes more than an axle change to make a bike length. It takes a lot of horsepower and weight loss to make that much difference on a short little hill like Florence Oregon can afford. If we were talking two fairly stock bikes, some of the things you mentioned might make a bigger difference. Or if we were talking about a long hill. Slight hesitation in reaction at the line will make more difference than an axle or a 520 conversion.

I know the dyno numbers on my motor. They are right there with the numbers I have seen from the 800's. It takes a lot to gain a little and the only way to gain a lot is doing a lot of little things.................unless you go Noss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2006, 12:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hmm, wonder which one will accelerate faster....mine or yours?

Old 07-06-2006, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

Oh this could get expensive.If i go to 14:1 i hope i will see real gains on the hill .The first thing i have to do is call my Builder and tell him that the motor that he just built for me will need to come apart soon.I hope he takes it well.

Old 07-06-2006, 12:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you are running a bolt on bike in your 300 lb chassis, I would bet on you in 300' in the flat drags and I would bet on me on Olds hill......That is my opinion.

Old 07-06-2006, 12:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
If you are running a bolt on bike in your 300 lb chassis, I would bet on you in 300' in the flat drags and I would bet on me on Olds hill......That is my opinion.

When you say bolt-on bike, your talking with me on all motor then right? What about on the juice?

Old 07-06-2006, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ron, I wonder why its making the same hp as the 800's................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2006, 12:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

When you say bolt-on bike, your talking with me on all motor then right? What about on the juice?
Either way. As long as we are either both on the button or both off the button. I have no experience on Flat drags with a tree. I expect you would wax me on skills alone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2006, 01:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Either way. As long as we are either both on the button or both off the button. I have no experience on Flat drags with a tree. I expect you would wax me on skills alone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Whoa now! Wait a minute! Your talking about 80+ hp bike accelerating faster than my 56-58hp bike up the hill! This is what you just said, that you felt certain this would happen. My question to you is have you ever ran a 56-58hp DS that weighs 300lbs in a suspended drag chassis where the geometry is setup to launch like a rocket?

Quick Reply: Florence, 4th of July Roll Call!!!!!