CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Florence, 4th of July Roll Call!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florence, 4th of July Roll Call!!!!!

I am using 15-40 for now until i see if my 520 chain makes enough of a difference to gear higher.35MPH?I will take my gps next time and check my speed but i am sure it is much faster than 35 up that hill.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: duneittilludie
I am using 15-40 for now until i see if my 520 chain makes enough of a difference to gear higher.35MPH?I will take my gps next time and check my speed but i am sure it is much faster than 35 up that hill.
I bet NUT isn't too far off on his mph estimates at HALF way up the hill.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

yfzfryguy-You might be right but i am curious enough to find out for myself with the GPS.Lining up next to you on your YFZ it was impressive to see how you come off the line on that thing.I am still amazed that these heavy bombs can jump off the line as good as they do. It seems that there is a lot more potential in this motor than i ever thought possible, of course at a price.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, from what it sounds like to me is that the stock bore bike pretty much pulled evenly with the bigbore until about half hill. Of course, it dont take a rocket scientist to figure out the bike with the most torque will start to shine on the hill. Hmm, how much distance was there between both bikes at the top of the hill?

Old 07-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Good point choose and that is exactly why i want to go to 14:1.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Regarding the difference at the top of the hill, the video footage we have showed about 4 lengths and I know Mike's DS is a fast one because YFZfryguy is down right quick and Mike was right with him.

In all fairness, mine isn't your run of the mill 730. My compression is up there and I am running a lightened flywheel and HPR's top race head and a few other goodies. Not to mention I am at 440 lbs wet which is probably 40 - 50 lbs lighter than Mikes mostly stock weight.

Let me reiterate............Mikes DS is much faster than my stage III stockbore was. He has a runner there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].........Especially for running stock valves!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

I guess that i could save myself some money and just lose more weight to be faster but hey i lifted weights for a long time to get bigger.LOL.I actually saw a surprising gain by going to a 50/50 mix of 110 and premium and i may try straight 110 this weekend to see if it helps.My compression should be at 11.5;1 but my fairly aggresive porting may have made it higher or at least that is my guess.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

DSNUT, what drive train (axle, sprockets) are you running? From what I understand Mike is still running stock. is this correct?

Old 07-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I am running a chromoly tubing axle with 520 conversion and jj&a style hubs. That is part of the weight savings I was referring to in the 40 - 50 lbs lighter comment. I am also running an On-Dunes subframe and Fox FLoat front shocks.

I have found it is cheaper to make horsepower than it is to take weight off, lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

OHHHH, OK! Now were are seeing the other side of the coin here....hmm, you can go ahead and count a couple bikes to the axle alone. Another bike or so to the fox floats and subframe. If we look at this spectrum a little closer, I can see this stock bore bike breathing on your 730 aweful hard on the hill. Setup being equal, I can see him pulling you by a couple bikes to half hill and you making those 2 bikes up on the rest of the hill. Now this would mean yall be run neck and neck at the top. Now we are comparing apples to apples.

Before you boys were trying to compare a built, lightweight 730 to a built, stock weight stock bore. You boys should know better than that, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

PS: Maybe you can see where your built 730's compare to a 300lb dragster, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Florence, 4th of July Roll Call!!!!!