CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anybody run FMF or White bros

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 03:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody run FMF or White bros

I was looking into buying an exhaust system for my ds and they are both 450-500 candian for either white bros or FMF I was wondering which one is better for over all performance and which one delivers the most low end grunt.
anybody have any experience with these.

Old 06-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I can tell you from experience that the HMF outperforms both, and may be a little cheeper to boot.
I had the white bros., ditched it and installed the HMF and of the 4 pipes I've had on my DS the HMF is the best by far, much more low end than the white bros., and better construction very durable.
I have not ran the FMF but know others that have done both also and they will say the same about it.

Old 06-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

I thought HMF was more $$$ than the others? I also heard that HMF is the louder and better pipes. But anyway im very happy with my FMF pipe. It give me a nice low crackle when i open up the throttle.

Old 06-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Not sure about the exchange rate, and the shipping cost up to Canada, but here the HMF is a lower cost then the others. At least from what I have found

Old 06-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

HMF is the cheapest pipe I was able to find... $230 shipped and I can't be happier with the performance. Low end is awesome... that is important for a fat kid like me. It is pretty loud, but not much louder than the pipes on other bikes I ride with. The loudest pipe I have ever heard is the Two Brothers Pipe on a 450R. My HMF does not even come close to the db's that thing puts out. I ride the dunes and private trails though so its not much of an issue.

Old 06-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Exchange rate is gettin a lot worst these dayz. I heard a white bros. pipe on a stock pred... sounds pretty good. Other than that i dont know much about white bros

Old 06-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I have a white brothers on my Pred and it does sound good but you won't get the same sound on a DS they are different displacement so they don't sound the same as much as I try my Pred will never sound like my husbands DS ( which sucks for me) My husband has the old style alba and We both like it. But many don't which is fine I plan on getting a HMF for my pred to replace the White Brothers. One of these days when my husband decides to stop wrecking so I can stop fixing up his bike.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 06-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Trailblazer

im not really looking for good sound but i am looking for performance, from what you guys have said white bros is the way to go, i do have an fmf on my honda 400 but like you said with the predator that is a different bike, i can not find hmf in canada here but white bros seems to be a good choice
thanks for all the replys

Old 06-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think you will get more performance and definitely more low end grunt using a modified end cap on your stock pipe for $50 than you will with a white bros. I'm not knocking the white bros., I'm just saying the stocker is that good once you remove the baffle that is attached to its end cap.
of course, rejetting will be required whether its a modded end cap or a slip-on purchase.

Old 06-18-2006, 12:38 AM
Trailblazer

what do you mean rejetting, do you mean in the carb why would i need to have it rejetted

Quick Reply: Anybody run FMF or White bros