CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Another fuel question

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another fuel question

I guess I will grab some C-14 just in case. Thanks for the info Marky

BTW Marky, They get their tranny fixed? You gonna make it to Riddle?

Old 06-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

I called them today - The tranny is unfixable - apparently some parts are FUSED! New tranny coming on Friday - It does not look good.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

That sucks, Michelle and I were looking forward to seeing you again.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with a lot that has been said.....

to put an experience point on things, I use a RON of 110 and I have yet to detonate under a nitrous load at just about sea level. I recently used a C10 at about 5800ft and hit the button. Also had no problems, but that same fuel was used at PISMO and the motors exhaust note sounded a little tinny to me. Small needle change and it was a scratch better. Dropped the c14 in and under full nitrous load, the bike was a different bike. I am running 13:1, and at dumont my choice would be either the race fuel 110 (RON 110) or the c14. I've not had a problem with either and I'm pushing a 25shot.

As you guys in this discussion already know, higher octane is not going to yield more power, in fact it will hurt your power. If you were marginal to begin with, then yes, higher octane will give you more power. Problem for most people is that with loud exhaust and other bikes around, detination is usually not heard until it's too late. I like to test and tune without other bikes around. Makes things much easier to dial in. More importantly, you can concentrate a great deal more on what's going on with your sled.

Scatterbrain, I think that you'll be fine running a good 110. As I told you in the PM, if you go to the c14, you'll be that much safer. I kinda roll like Viper, I'm going to use the cheapest stuff I can as long as the results are there.

Don't let Oregon scare you with the BD stuff and the winks. Yea, I know... he built the entire system and now has parts being tested by NASA (obviously ribbing him - deep breath Mark). Remember, it used to be the "goods" and in my opinion, it still is rock solid. There may be better, I don't know. But mine flat out works! I've used my system at 6000, 2100, 750 and Sea Level. After dialing it in with the meter.... it's always performed like a champ and about 8 times better than the wet systems of the past.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Bigdady, I couldnt understand why a change in fuel would result in why the motor would want alot more fuel and make more power. Im guessing that it just likes the cooler fuel and I was running a bit lean even at 12.7 on my air/fuel? I guess the gauge is just a starting point and its up to me to find the sweet spot. Whatever the case the bike just rocks now on all motor. I didnt get the chance to try the C-12 on nos. I am going to go ahead and run the C-14 at riddle and see what happens. Im not so much concerned with fuel cost as I am with performance. I wouldnt want to give up the all motor power. Now Im just trying to find a happy medium.

Old 06-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

I think that you'll like the c14 a lot. Hard to get sometimes, in fact it's all but disappeared here in vegas. Mario has an IN, and in fact gave me a can of it for pismo. He was running a mix of 110 and 103 for his bike and it ROCKED!

I REALLY like the c14, but if I'm not at sea level, the racing 110 that I get from unical is awsome, and a little cheaper. If I can keep getting c14 and the price isn't killing me, it would be my choice all the time.

as far as a "cooling effect".... there does seem to be something in the c14 that keeps the motor a little cooler. Not sure what to attribute it to, but I've found the very same thing. Not that my race 110 gets hot, but the c14 runs just a smidge cooler. I like that....... Cool is always good.

Old 06-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

BigDaddy331,

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Just for you man!

Old 06-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

I'm at work and the emotion stuff doesn't work... I'm not that computer savy..... or i'd emotion up a storm back at ya. Mark, you going to DS days.... can't wait to see the new technology.

Old 06-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Mike is right on with those findings.. We once tested a 400ex that was running U-4 and then we switched to the 114 mixed down a little and it dropped the oil temp around 35 degrees. And im sure the cyl temp dropped substantially as well.

Hey Mike, I just sent the lectron off to get the duall PJ set up. Now we can fine tune FINALLY..

Well, It looks like the 02 sensor is the way to go!!!

Old 06-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

Keith,

Dont let me scare you .... Just talk to Kelly at KMS - He's got the air/fuel graphs from both systems. He's independant, and I think you trust him. After you do, what I hinted at will make sence. Again, biting my tougue!

Nuff said on that! LOL

Quick Reply: Another fuel question