CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Wifey Upgrade. . . . well, same Wife just new quad for her. . . Got her a new 700 Raptor last Friday

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 04:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wifey Upgrade. . . . well, same Wife just new quad for her. . . Got her a new 700 Raptor last Friday

Well after seeing not much in the way of changes for the new Raptor 700's decided to upgrade the Wife's quad before we go to St. Anthony.

Been thinking about this for a while and wanted to wait for the 2007's but, since nothing was really changing started looking for a good deal on an 06.

Ended up with a 50th anniv. LE Yellow one.

Look forward to seeing how it does.

Wife's not into drag racing but, we do a lot of riding on steep dune areas so, she needs power. Seems like this quad should work well enough for her.

So, the old 2003 686 will need to find a new home when we get back.

Definitely excited I don't have to deal with those carbs anymore.

She told me I can't call this one the Craptor. . . we'll see how long that lasts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Probably going to put a air filter / pipe and programmer on it when we get back and call it good.

Old 07-04-2006, 04:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wifey Upgrade. . . . well, same Wife just new quad for her. . . Got her a new 700 Raptor last Friday

You will like it...

Old 07-04-2006, 04:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I thought you might have traded in your wife for a newer model.....when I first looked at the title of the thread....thought you might be another one of those guys looking for a good ole brotherly counseling, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Im just teasing ya Duneme, You both will like it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rode a friend's new Raptor 700 in St. A's a couple of weeks ago. It was all stock except for paddels. I have to say it is the best stock quad I have ever ridden. Nice ride and great power. The torque curve was great threw out the whole power band.

I shot up Choke Cherry with ease in 2nd gear.

You guys will like it for sure !!!

Old 07-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Cool! Good to hear she won't have any power problems. . . it is as well stock except for paddles.

We leave Friday for St. A's. . . can't wait.

Only a few from our group made it last year. This year looks to be a real good turnout from our group.

Wife's good riding friend also got herself a new Raptor 700 so, the ladies should be very happy this trip.

Seems like some of the dealers out here are more willing to deal right now on them since they have a stock of the 2006's and the 2007's are due in soon so, if you are looking to buy seems like a good time.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Mark. I spent some more time on one this last weekend. We pulled the pea trap out of the exhaust, and pulled the airbox lid, and that gave her alot better bottom end. I like that quad. The only thing I did not like about it, is its riding characteristics. It feels nose heavy coming down the hills. I think it is just the suspension setup, and it could be cured, but I always felt myself leaning back when coming down hills with it. More than usual anyhow. Other than that, what a great stock quad. I honestly think its one of the best stock quads produced. She, nor you, will be disapointed.

See ya in a few days or so.

Old 07-05-2006, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats on the new quad. Im sure its nice. I put some pics of the Pami on my page. Its the one with the blue flames. What do you think?

Trending Topics

Old 07-05-2006, 03:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MrMeaner
Congrats on the new quad. Im sure its nice. I put some pics of the Pami on my page. Its the one with the blue flames. What do you think?
SICK!!!

Doesn't even look like the same bike.

How's she runnin'? Got the nitrous hooked up to her yet?

I'ld love to see that thing really run with the nitrous hooked up. Not many that will beat her.

Would have loved to have really taken her against some of my Banshee buds. Probably would have cost them a few bucks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2006, 03:42 AM
Pro Rider

One of these days Im coming down to ride with you guys and you can see for yourself. I love this bike. Thanks again for how easy you made the whole thing go. You da man

Old 07-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Yea, make sure you get a new fuel map if you are going to moddify anything.

The stock map will adjust for elevation and temp., but not for massive air flow changes.

Any questions, pm Kam, aka KGB.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Wifey Upgrade. . . . well, same Wife just new quad for her. . . Got her a new 700 Raptor last Friday