CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

12:1 JE piston install from HPR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12:1 JE piston install from HPR!!!

thank you for you opion!!!! I see you know alittle about the DS!! yes every thing was replaced with piston install. rings, circlips, new head gasket the whole top end! no the shop has no ties to HPR. I wish someone in arizona did!! the shop is fountain hills az. they are a liscenced bombardier dealership. they were recommened by fellow bomb riders!! i figure when he tells me the bikes ready i will try to get a hold of HPR and se what parts were sent to az? the shop owner said he will make it right i believe he will!!

Old 07-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

work with your dealer and see what they are willing to do. The ring package that HPR sends with the pistons are top notch, but have very thin oil and wipe rings. You have to be very careful not to hurt the wiper rings on install. The dealer probably has probably never seen anything that thin or fragil.

I'm in Henderson, NV and if you need a shop mine is open. You just have to get it her and get her back.

let us know what happens.

Old 07-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yep, thats right. Work with your dealer first, ROFLOL!

Bigdaddy, I couldnt have said it any better, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

If DesertDogOffroad.com does not fix what they are honored to fix then its on a trailer in a heart beat!!

Old 07-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

put a new set of rings in

Old 07-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i would want to be there when dealer opens it, to see what cylinder wall looks like and what rings look like.
yes it was new piston and new rings, but if rings were not gapped but rather installed straight from package then ring bind may have occured after warmup and scored cylinder wall.

exactly what bigdaddy said, rings need removed from piston adn slipped into cylinder to examine ring gap, to check for either no gap or too little gap, which possibly would scar cylinder and then cause blowby and excessive crankcase pressure, or too much gap which would simply cause excessive blowby and crankcase pressure.

also check bore for proper crosshatch from honing, if they did not properly hone cylinder wall rings cannot break in correctly.

Old 07-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Choose, you make me laugh. Two dealers her in LV area and one I work with all the time. They send me the rough stuff.... all the aftermarket big mod stuff seems to find it's way into my shop. While I would certainly not consider this a big league mod, it's generally something that the dealer would not generally do. They'll usually do everything that RWR would sell to them, but that's about it.

I 100%, absolutely, full heartedly agree with HT. I would want to be there. If they did hurt the wipe ring, there will probably be some damage to the cylinder. One thing to also pay attention to, is that if there is damage to the ring set.... you'll have to inspect each ring and see if anything is missing. If so, then you are also into a split case to fish the part out. You can try washing a partially assembled case with the parts washer, however that tends to become more of a pain. ON my 20minute grenade, there were exactly 6 punches in the piston from a valve stem. I found each individual punch in the bottom of the crank valley rolling around. Those could have certainly lead to another catastrophic failure. Don't mean to get you upset cloftis, but this is what makes or breaks a re-build.

We're trying to help you out here.... brothers need to stick together. Let us know what happens, and if you need us let us know.

Old 07-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

I appreciate all the knowledge!!!! will call shop tommorrow and see if they started tear down!! I will keep you posted!!!! thanks BigDaddy for all input, you sure you dont want to relocate to Phoenix!!!lala

Old 07-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

to hot and not enough DS's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Good luck