CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

more power on pump gas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 04:42 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more power on pump gas?

ok guys..ur a little more extreme than i want to go but im sure u guys have started where i want to go so ur the best to ask.....no what is the best way to get more power without having to resort to running race gas or alky....i have a yosh pipe jet kit and k&n ....can u guys give me a run down on where i need to got next to get the max power i can on pump gass......thanks guys this forum rocks....oh i was the owner of the 400ex with some light mods but now im a happy ds man...so with that let me have it guys...where do i go and what should i do....is the yosh a pipe i should keep...remember the oregon coast db law is getting strict so i need to be able to run a pipe i can muffle when the fuzz come callin...so let me know fellas

Old 07-07-2006, 06:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

welcome,
you can run 11.5:1 with pump gas at sea level no problem, brake 12:1 and start mixing.
piston, cams, valve springs, carb, and ported intake manifold - all at once will give you a big smile and go well with your yoshi pipe. also be sure to upgrade clutch springs when adding this power. about $1500, or more depending on carb choice.
you can break it up and do the carb and manifold and clutch springs first, then the piston and cams and valve springs later..

the yoshi is a good pipe but be sure to clean your sparky screen often if you have to run it cause stainless steel fibers kept blowing out of my packing and clogging it.

but if you ride a bike with a 14:1 piston that is set up right you'll **** yourself and have to have one, and find a way to overcome your reservations of hassling with 110 octane!

Old 07-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

I asked a similar question after I purchased an '05 King Quad (that I happily sold for the '06 Bomb!). Manufacturer recomendation is the same across the board: 87 octane is the ideal for best performance. I was a little taken back by this as I assumed higher octane meant better performance ...not so I am told. Evidently, higher octane translates into more heat which produces more wear. It's O.K. with me...the Bomb already has power galore.

Old 07-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

The yoshimira pipe produces more HP on a stock bike than most other pipes. It is a good pipe up to 50 Hp after that it does not perform well.
This is my personal experiance on the dyno the yosh pipe out performed the other pipes in a test until 51 HP after that it would not flow any higher.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

One of the best gains I saw on a basically stock bike is the HPR ported intake. Very impressive, and relatively inexpensive compared to many other mods you will soon be wanting. Carb next, then CDI, and you will be happy for another season. After that you will want to get into the engine and get crazy... its a sickness, I know.... we all have it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

The 12/1 piston I had in my DS ran better on 91 than it did on race gas.

Old 07-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer

would i even see 50 horse with all the stuff hightower is suggesting.....if so what pipe should i have instead.....also im running sand stars on the rear cause i like to be able to slide my a$$ out can i still do this with haulers or extremes or should i stick with the stars

Old 07-08-2006, 02:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wsy480
would i even see 50 horse with all the stuff hightower is suggesting.....if so what pipe should i have instead.....also im running sand stars on the rear cause i like to be able to slide my a$$ out can i still do this with haulers or extremes or should i stick with the stars
Ron Woods, Big Gun or CT, for the pipe. On the tires, the straight paddles will slide out easier than the Sand Stars. My experience with the "V" paddles is that they hold on better in the turns because of their shape... the "V" shape gives side to side traction. The straight paddles like haulers will slide because there is no side traction. If you want to slide look into some straight paddles.

Old 07-08-2006, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider

(would I see 50 horse)

I would hope so, does'nt take much to get a solid 50

Old 07-08-2006, 03:29 AM
Trailblazer

ok was always wondering what are the difference between like haulers and extremes.....meaning why is one a more square straight paddle and the other a more rounded...what is the difference in performance.....and hightower....did u just buy a kms fuel enjection without the turbo system and if so what did that do for u

Quick Reply: more power on pump gas?