CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Head Porting???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 03:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Porting???

ERBE! I just had a great idea!

Come to DS days and help me represent Pat Both Racing. You would be perfect![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm not being sarcastic! Think it over![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Let me know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 07-12-2006, 08:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

There are far more options on the table other than HPR. With all due respect to Eric and Randall. KMS Performance, Kenz Cycle Tech, THEBOM Racing, Pami, RWR...it just all depends on how much money you want to spend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

PS: Is this what your looking for Erbe?

Old 07-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
There are far more options on the table other than HPR. With all due respect to Eric and Randall. KMS Performance, Kenz Cycle Tech, THEBOM Racing, Pami, RWR...it just all depends on how much money you want to spend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

lol, There are far more than that. Dave Moore, Klug Racing, TVI, DTR, Redline, etc. And that is just within a 50 mile radius of me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

No shortage of options[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

Originally posted by: DSNUT

lol, There are far more than that. Dave Moore, Klug Racing, TVI, DTR, Redline, etc. And that is just within a 50 mile radius of me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I was just naming a few, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]....for my good ole buddy ERBE, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BTW, Ron, who ported your head?

Old 07-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

I was just naming a few, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]....for my good ole buddy ERBE, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Yeah, I know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] HPR did their full race port on my head.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

Yeah, I know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] HPR did their full race port on my head.

So just how do you know there isnt the same gains with other head porters who are listed above?

Old 07-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

[quote]

So just how do you know there isnt the same gains with other head porters who are listed above same thing...

i was just thinking the same thing. although im am really leaning towards hrp to re-port my head.....maybe we can do a pre-dyno , then let them re-port mine (or anyone elses) then re-dyno, then we will know...no cam changes or any thing like that ,port versus port......now if i can get my wife to go for it .......anyone want to make any bets?lol

Old 07-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

I think your not gonna see anymore than a couple ponies difference in porting alone. However, I do think cams, valve size and porting works hand and hand. I also think you might just see a difference in the whole power curve. Might see a little more or less power in overrev. It would be very interesting to know. But is it worth the extra $$$? Now thats the question. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

wanted to add CG performance to that list. Chuck did a great job on duneit's head.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

I think your not gonna see anymore than a couple ponies difference in porting alone. However, I do think cams, valve size and porting works hand and hand. I also think you might just see a difference in the whole power curve. Might see a little more or less power in overrev. It would be very interesting to know. But is it worth the extra $$$? Now thats the question. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
you are so right!

i had a stage 3 without the porting. big valves, cams ect. rode it for a week or two and then ported the head. HOLLY COW! what a diff!!

then i ported a head for a guy with just a pipe and you could hardly tell the diff.

Quick Reply: Head Porting???