CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Head Porting???

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Porting???

Im looking into getting the DS head ported finally! Was taking with MotoPerfect , but im hearing good things about Vance Hinds, anyone work with them?? Im desided to go with a custom grind on my cams Ill show specs later.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

I wouldn't mess with any of those companies.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just send the head to HPR. They will do a port job that will actually increase your performance.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

lol

Old 07-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

Are you sure DSNUT that HPR dosent have outside contracted head porting??

Old 07-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

Not for the designed prototypes. Those are hand done to their satisfaction[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] then they setup a CNC machine to reproduce their findings because they don't have time to port every head order by hand.

Been a long time there ERBE![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

[quote]
Originally posted by: DSNUT
Not for the designed prototypes. Those are hand done to their satisfaction[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] then they setup a CNC machine to reproduce their findings because they don't have time to port every head order by hand.

Which means yes they Contract outside porting services. Thank You DSNUT
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2006, 02:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

[quote]
Originally posted by: ERBEDS650

Which means yes they Contract outside porting services. Thank You DSNUT
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
You are welcome ERBE![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I have a full on race ported head that is equal in performance to their current CNC race head that is hand ported by HPR...............I bought it because performance matters to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I love watching you spend your money[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2006, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

DSNUT Wrote: I love watching you spend your money

LOL what again your keeping tabs on me ?? Praytell what have I spent thats causing you to smile so much about the Mods on my Quads??

Old 07-12-2006, 02:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

You've made several attempts over the past few months to paint me in that light. It doesn't stick. Your comments and value engineering habits are on open forum/forums.

Just giving an old friend some advice on the best use of his coin[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2006, 03:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

You've made several attempts over the past few months to paint me in that light. It doesn't stick. Your comments and value engineering habits are on open forum/forums.

Just giving an old friend some advice on the best use of his coin[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
If you mean buy learning how to hop up a toy for fun and play without busting the wallet, YEAH Im guilty.
If for some reasone I like people to hear about other builders other than HPR parts , YEAH Im guity.
If some of the members here are not building a Hill Shooter, Racer, burning on Funny Fuels and are weekend family guys just building a play in the sand duner, trail rider fun quad then......YEAH Im Guilty.
I dont constantly hype up a builder, in fact I respect any builders out there working on the DS, its a VERY small field. Also I think any NEW DS Builders out there should be chatted about in this forum for information, some of us would like to work with a local builder, its good for the local community, good for getting parts, helps the DS line grow with new riders.
DS I will admit it! you rub me the wrong way, its your way, or no way!
Plus you seem to get off on reading what you think is so clever to put me and others here in our place and adding your smiles to end your sentences.
DS, I know your going to go off on this, maybe 1 lucky day you and I will meet ............. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2006, 03:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

Originally posted by: ERBEDS650

If you mean buy learning how to hop up a toy for fun and play without busting the wallet, YEAH Im guilty.
If for some reasone I like people to hear about other builders other than HPR parts , YEAH Im guity.
If some of the members here are not building a Hill Shooter, Racer, burning on Funny Fuels and are weekend family guys just building a play in the sand duner, trail rider fun quad then......YEAH Im Guilty.
I dont constantly hype up a builder, in fact I respect any builders out there working on the DS, its a VERY small field. Also I think any NEW DS Builders out there should be chatted about in this forum for information, some of us would like to work with a local builder, its good for the local community, good for getting parts, helps the DS line grow with new riders.
DS I will admit it! you rub me the wrong way, its your way, or no way!
Plus you seem to get off on reading what you think is so clever to put me and others here in our place and adding your smiles to end your sentences.
DS, I know your going to go off on this, maybe 1 lucky day you and I will meet ............. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I agree with most of this. The only exception is the "its your way or no way". Other than that it all sounds pretty good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I to hope we meet someday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Think you can have that 720 running by DS days? Maybe we can split a soda when I am in your neck of the woods at 4sw's. Heck, I'll pay for it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I don't care where you get your porting. I thought I would just chime in for old time sake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Keep it real![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Head Porting???