CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Head Porting???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Porting???

Your to defensive your not getting what im saying. I never said one port job was better then another just one race was not going to be proof. And nobody cheated cape he obviously had the field covered nobody there has said otherwise. That was my point not the best port, motor, or bike always wins. And yes i was at 4sw and i watched it all play out .

Old 08-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Head Porting???

I must have missed you point. I agree, one race will not tell all.

Duneit, thats great your bike is hauling. Its too bad your not going to make it. I would have liked to seen that beast run. I have heard good things about Chucks porting.

You know I think what most people need to remember is, you get what you paid for. If you want the best, you have got to pay for the best. Then when comparing ones porting to another, you need to be honest with each one. Let them know you want a middle of the road port job, and price them accordingly, and judge them the same. I was looking for the best, hands down, no questions asked, money no object. I sure hope I got the best, but with the way my bikes runs, I am confindent I did. TWICE!!

Old 08-09-2006, 02:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

Originally posted by: rcoop
Your to defensive your not getting what im saying. I never said one port job was better then another just one race was not going to be proof. And nobody cheated cape he obviously had the field covered nobody there has said otherwise. That was my point not the best port, motor, or bike always wins. And yes i was at 4sw and i watched it all play out .
It is interesting to watch your progression of logic, rcoop[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. If you go back and read where you first took a shot at me and compare that to the final version of your point you gave Viper..................he said it right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].......pathetic.

I guess I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you simply misunderstood my point and clarify it with this:

I was using brevity to make a point. The races are the public showcases of performance success and failure. I never said that you can tell who has the best porting ever by picking a bike that wins a race and having that port work done.

The context of my logic was that if you look at who is having the most success in the last few major races, I would trust their combination by the growing trend..............including porting.

It was much easier to create a cliche that illustrated the point and I think most took what i said the way I intended it. You on the other hand chose to misconstrue my intentions and imply that I had a ridiculous, extreme meaning behind my words in an attempt to dent my credibility and to try to fire another shot across my bow because of the mechanical failure I experienced at the races.

I can take it. You remind me of the terrorists..............when they run out of bullets, they throw rocks. When you get to the point your ammunition is reduced to poking fun at an OEM part failure like my starter clutch...................and you use it to discredit me and HPR,......................even the rocks are all gone and all you have left to throw at me are your bunny slippers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Think before you take on a battle like this.................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

A terrorist nice since you have been the one with threats and hiding behind big guy talk. You want to talk like you know engines and racing. Im only trying to help you see that smart comments and cute sayings dont make you a racer. Now breaking parts and having to fight through that is part of the deal. And find better examples because we have men and women risking there lives so you and i can have the freedom to dispute these topics and ride our bikes because of real terrorist choose to put there ideas before human life. So show them a little respect and leave my bunny slippers out of this i like them and they are worth a tenth.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

Speaking of terrorists, I think my chat thread was Hijacked![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Head Porting???

Sorrrrrryyyyy EEERRRRRBBB!

Hey but will somone send me a link to these high tech slippers? Do they have ears and everything? I mean, is it kindof like ski jumping, when the guy is going one way and needs to go the other, he sticks out his hand, but instead we can stick out a slipper? Dang man a tenth, I really need them slippers![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

Originally posted by: ERBEDS650
Doing some research and was told that HPR uses Vance Hines, maybe HPR then finishs the heads by them selfs when done.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

Fricken needed new valves, went 1mm larger (You dont have to change the seats) them things aint cheap, I went shopping for them $30 bucks each ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

I hear you have to bevery careful with the bunny slippers cause if you point your toes down they create too much drag actually costing you a 1/10 th!
On the other hand if you point your toes up at the precise angle they will create the necessary lift to lighten your whole ride and thats how you gain that 1/10th[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

My head was done by Conejo racing with good results[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

Originally posted by: SLC650
I hear you have to bevery careful with the bunny slippers cause if you point your toes down they create too much drag actually costing you a 1/10 th!
On the other hand if you point your toes up at the precise angle they will create the necessary lift to lighten your whole ride and thats how you gain that 1/10th[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

My head was done by Conejo racing with good results[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Its all looking for that last tenth