CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Head Porting???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Porting???

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
What are the classes for dunefest? If it is single cyl open maybe I will come down on the juice and see how we stack up, Its very short notice for me but I might be able to get my bike down there to race. Im still waiting for parts.

As far as head porting, Ive seen my bike take down big bores with the juice with this same head on that ive had for years. Its been ported by a few different mechs. Believe me its making power.

Ron, There ARE other builders out there that can extract big power from these heads.

Ron, What motor are you running? 730 still?
Not much in the way of classes. I think it is separated out by motor configuration. You can do grudge matches but the trophies are based on bracket racing. It is no Planet Sand by any stretch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but a fun time nonetheless[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I wouldn't drive more than 200 miles to go to this for the racing. I might drive more than that to meet people though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I am still running my little 105.5 bore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Does that still mean your only a 730cc??
Actually, I never was 730cc's. I am closer to 732cc's than 730cc's and I have a thick head gasket. That is about all I can tell you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

so does that mean your "STILL ONLY RUNNING" a 730cc??

sorry nut, i couldnt help myself..

Old 07-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

I would recommend the head porting that CG performance does.Chuck at CG has done my 690 Raptor and my DS and both perform very well.My stock bore is much faster than i thought it would be for the mods that i have and i believe that the port work i had done is a big part of that.I just came in from putting my 520 chain and sprockets on and that should help me as well.I also added lighter and taller front tires for hitting the whoops on the hill at speed.I will be tweaking for some time yet to try and get closer to the big bores!!!

Old 07-13-2006, 12:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

Originally posted by: duneittilludie
I would recommend the head porting that CG performance does.Chuck at CG has done my 690 Raptor and my DS and both perform very well.My stock bore is much faster than i thought it would be for the mods that i have and i believe that the port work i had done is a big part of that.I just came in from putting my 520 chain and sprockets on and that should help me as well.I also added lighter and taller front tires for hitting the whoops on the hill at speed.I will be tweaking for some time yet to try and get closer to the big bores!!!
Well I can't argue with this. Your stock bore rips![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

I dropped off the head of at Moto Perfect, we spent a good hour going over the engine parts and the type of riding I do, and with the custom grind on my Cams im happy he will be porting the head to flow with them Staying with stock sized vavles, since its not a top end ripper, I went with a midrange duning setup with tons of torque for playing in those soft hills in glamis( the ones you ride in and sink about a foot or more).
as soon as I get R done, ill get her dyno'd and post specs, I wont be making the HP and top end you folks are with the bigger cams, but im guessing it will be a blast still over stock <--like a little kid waiting on X mass!!!!!

Old 07-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

FTZ racing does top notch porting,valve work on the DS also.You would be surprised at how many guys are running their heads with bigger valves,etc.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

Doing some research and was told that HPR uses Vance Hines, maybe HPR then finishs the heads by them selfs when done.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
So just how do you know there isnt the same gains with other head porters who are listed above?
The burden of proof is on them to show everyone on race day IMHO.
how did that work for you?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

Originally posted by: rcoop
Originally posted by: choosetolose04
So just how do you know there isnt the same gains with other head porters who are listed above?
The burden of proof is on them to show everyone on race day IMHO.
how did that work for you?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Ya know Im glad im not a CHIT disturber in this forum!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Head Porting???

im just curious he has such conviction to that builder. how did he do on raceday? it was his test for vance and hines porting not mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Head Porting???

The last I heard, the only other bike there running better times was another build with the similar porting. So it must work good. How did your do on race day?

Quick Reply: Head Porting???