CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Which 2 seater quad is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 2 seater quad is the best?

In my opion the only reasons to buy an AC would be you lost your brain.

It seems the dumb ones buy the outtys. Check your sentence, or lack of one, and rethink. opion???? and you only stated one reason, but you said the only reasons????

I looked at boms, and they are nice, but over priced imo. I would like to know what bad previous experiences you have had with AC to be so negative. Or are just a 13yr old boy trying to fit in?

Old 07-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: v2rider
In my opion the only reasons to buy an AC would be you lost your brain.

It seems the dumb ones buy the outtys. Check your sentence, or lack of one, and rethink. opion???? and you only stated one reason, but you said the only reasons????

I looked at boms, and they are nice, but over priced imo. I would like to know what bad previous experiences you have had with AC to be so negative. Or are just a 13yr old boy trying to fit in?

the dumb ones buy the outtys huh. if you love ac so much why are you in the bomb posts? you must be tired of reading posts about things breaking on ac crap.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Pro Rider

I only have experience with the Outlander. Very comfortable, excellent handling and a seat that everyone raves about. They are pricey but to me well worth it. I ride it as a single more than double and would probably get another double. The long wheelbase makes it ride smooth and climb like a goat. The gas mileage is about the same as my Twin Peaks and the Grizzly I sold.
I wish though all the accessories that are available with AC would fit on the Outy.
I want to see where the bashing goes with this thread. I'm just glad its not on the Yamaha forum.

Old 07-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer

Overpriced??? I don't think so, when I was shopping for a two seater the 400 Bomb was the same price to the penny as the AC 500 ($10,000 cdn) What made my decision easier was that the BRP came with a better warranty, winch, front and rear bumpers, hand guards, way better tires and a locking front diff.

And I guess to top it off, the Outlanders seat is far better and the Rotax 400 is every bit as powerful as the AC 500.

Close to 2,400 km in the last 9 months and not a single issue so far.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

I own the outy 650 max and also own a 05 arctic cat 500 manual. The 650 max is a great quad. Its very fast that tops out about 70mph. its fun to ride with a passenger or by yourself. its very sporty in handling and also very easy to drive. Thats important if the misses is going to be riding it. i find that bigger guys over 250lbs tend to like the arctic cats better because of the ergonomics. The new arctic cat 650 H1 looks to be a great two up quad and they are very comfortable to ride. That engines provides tons of power down low up to about 40 mph then the power tapers off a bit. they are great workhorses also and the engine is American made by Cat not kawasaki or Suzuki. The new cat 650 also has a locking diff. A big difference for me and the deciding factor for me of getting the can am 650 is that its a lot narrower and easier to ride in tight places. The trails in MI are tight so a couple of inches makes a big difference and second biggest reason for me was the ergonomics are much better and more comfortable for a small rider (my girlfreind) who drives it most of the time. The cats are better mud machines and rock crawlers if thats important to you. There both great quads but depends on what your purpose is with it and who is going to be riding it. If you get the outlander put skids on it right away. Another advantage for cat there. Also the cat is not efi and the outlander is. it makes the startup easy and throttle response is great.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

People how own cats must not like them if they did the truth wouldnt hurt so much. Or mabe they got to ride and outty and had to go back to the atv that use left over parts.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Range Rover

glad to see your pics in the sand i once had a bike that i dident want to get hurt by puting it in the mud so i sold it and bought a CAT lets compare pics and ill prove my cat walks your canada crap.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer

That would be 'Canadian' crap you ignorant American.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: brpbear
People how own cats must not like them if they did the truth wouldnt hurt so much. Or mabe they got to ride and outty and had to go back to the atv that use left over parts.
I think your being a little harsh here. I own both and it depends on where Im riding or what im doing with it on which one I ride. there both nice quads and each one is better than the other depending on what you want to do with it. For technical\mud riding the outlander doesnt hold a stick to the arctic cat and vice versa with fast trail riding. For casual trail riding there both good and comfortable and get the job done.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Which 2 seater quad is the best?