CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Which 2 seater quad is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:14 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 2 seater quad is the best?

As far as I know, the only ones that make two seater quads is arctic cat, bomb, and I think polaris. I'm thinking about getting my wife one and I'm wanting some opinions on those of you who are familiar with these quads. I would prefer the most comfortable model, but it needs to have decent power too. Which one would you guys buy? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2006, 12:39 AM
Range Rover

i just bought a outlander 400 H.O. max XT. before i bought it, i looked at both the artic cat, and polaris. neither one was as inpressive.

the artic cat looked kind of cheaply made, and sat alot higher, which made me think it would tip easier.

the polaris rear seat was a joke. hard padding, and alittle too close to the rider.

the can-am max xt had a very comfortable seat, decent ground clearance, and brush guards and racks that look like they could take a lickin

the outlander was alittle more expensive, but i thought the difference in price was worth the added quality. the 400 H.O. has decent power too.

Old 07-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

I have had 14 atvs in the last 15 years and ride about 5000 miles a year. The last two have been max xts the frist was a 400 and the last an 800. I like the power of 800 as far gas milage the 800 makes from 15 to 25 this is controlled buy who you go with Polarisis you lead and still get 22 or if you rid in snow you will end up in front and pulling sp8oo through and anyother atv that needs a way out. The outty will out do any atv out thier and max is longer so it will out climb the short one it is all so stabler on a side hill.

Old 07-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Range Rover

Great info, keep it coming![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

The max is fun to ride 1 up as well as 2 up.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The racks on the cat are very very far from cheap. They are the leading rack systems available. Out of those three, i would choose cat or bom, and to me it would be a hard choice between the two

Old 07-18-2006, 03:32 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: v2rider
The racks on the cat are very very far from cheap. They are the leading rack systems available. Out of those three, i would choose cat or bom, and to me it would be a hard choice between the two
its just my opinion. the seat for the passenger looks pretty cheesy too. if you compare the ac rack system to the bomb rack system, the ac has only a front rack rated for 100 lbs, while the bomb has a front rack rated for 100 lbs, and a rear rack rated for 200 lbs. not to mention the bomb has two storage compartments.

at least we're both agreeing that polaris is not the ideal choice.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Trailblazer

I could be wrong but as far as I know the AC has no front locker, and from personal experience, the AC's passenger seat is no where near as good as the Outlanders. As far as the popo, the seat is a real joke. When it comes to the two up quads, no one even comes close to the Outlanders.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'll give my 2 cents if you don't mind...I've had a chance to ride units from all three of the manufactures. (by the way, word on the street is...none of the japan guys, Honda Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki will make a 2-up unit anytime soon because of liability)

First choice is either of the Outlander Max, the 650 or 800. Plenty of seat room for both driver and passenger. I've ridden the 650 in deep snow (up to 2ft) with and without a passenger and it handled great. In fact, if I were to go buy an utility quad tomorrow, it would be the outlander 650 max.

The Arctic Cat replaced the 500cc Suzuki motor with their own 650 H1 motor. This motor has lots of low-end torque, but not as snappy on the throttle as the 650 outlander. It also doesn't turn as sharp. (the Polaris X2 turns great) It's plenty fast, but a slower steady acceleration. I did find the seat to have plenty of room for both driver and passenger.

The Polaris X2 has a seat that actually flips back, so the way you see it in photos may not actually be the way it would be while is use with a passenger. It has very little low-end torque and had trouble in deep snow, however it did climb steep hills better than I thought it would. It's best features were breaking and steering. It has that handy front storage rack to hold water bottles, but their rack system is hard to use if you want to muscle a quad around on a trailer.

if it helps, I'm over 6ft tall, and around 225 pounds, while my passenger was 5'7" and 155. Hope this helps.

Mark

Old 07-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Range Rover

So far it looks like the bomb is the heavy favorite, great info!

Quick Reply: Which 2 seater quad is the best?