CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Acetone in your fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acetone in your fuel?

Well i went to school in the country so i may not have as good of and education as most but im sure if you do a search on this site and any other site i play on you'll find out i was running NOS,nitro,prop,poly's back when most did not even know what they were and before it was cool to blend or inject. But its alway' nice when someone takes the time to educate me on how these things hurt you and your bike.THANKS GUY'S now i will sleep good tonight.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

Mr salesman got KLOWN fever

Old 07-23-2006, 12:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Here is the most credible website that I could find regarding oxygenators in fuel including information on Acetone ...

http://www.foxvalleykart.com/fuel4.html

Step right up, get your oxygenators here, buy two get one for free! Step right up, I have a sale going on right now, its the best in the world, I know cuz I now work there and I am a product *****. I dont care where I work or what I do, I simply have the best but I have no evidence to support it - Oops, why did I go and post that link anyways - Now I'll never sell it! Join me for OXYdays, we'll have a grand old time sipping it under the guise of it being a social event. Step right up - It also cures warts, bad maners and KLOWN fever!

Damn that was fun!

Marky

Yep, typical Klown talk to me.....keep it up, you might get a sale or two...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2006, 07:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Here is the most credible website that I could find regarding oxygenators in fuel including information on Acetone ...

http://www.foxvalleykart.com/fuel4.html

Step right up, get your oxygenators here, buy two get one for free! Step right up, I have a sale going on right now, its the best in the world, I know cuz I now work there and I am a product *****. I dont care where I work or what I do, I simply have the best but I have no evidence to support it - Oops, why did I go and post that link anyways - Now I'll never sell it! Join me for OXYdays, we'll have a grand old time sipping it under the guise of it being a social event. Step right up - It also cures warts, bad maners and KLOWN fever!

Damn that was fun!

Marky
Do u have same day dyno results of boss noss and other wet systems on same motor ?

Old 07-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

Well I just can't seem to find a common thread recomending this stuff. Some articles I've read swear by it others say the results are minimal if at all and not worth the potential long term risks.

One article I read stated there is not one single recommendation from the ASE on the use of acetone. IF this stuff really worked as some have said then I doubt we'd be pumping billions of dollars into developing ethanol.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer

For those of you wanting to know a bit about Acetone, you should do a bit of reading before messing with it and putting yourself at risk.

I work in the yacht building industry dealing with HARSH chemicals daily.

Have a read here ---> http://www.scorecard.org/chemical-pr...nce_id=67-64-1

Old 07-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

Acetone is very dangerous to your health, it has a msds a mile long LOL. I acually did use this before and can tell ya it will do more damage to your engine than good. It will wipe your valve guides out in a hurry.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]