CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

A stock bore formula that works!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A stock bore formula that works!!!

FatHolly i am not exactly average size myself so i hear ya.Two years ago i was 30 lbs heavier than i am now and it was tough to lose.I sure miss the pizza,bread,chips,cookies and on and on and on!!!You know all the good stuff.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mike,

Come to Dunefest and bring $50. Gary will dyno your bike (3 passes). Do a pass with the sniffer in, then we can tune where it looks like it needs it, then run it again. We can make more adjustments if necessary.

I have not had good luck dyno tuning in the valley. When I do, I am way lean at the coast and have to richen up anyway and have to use the old levi dyno, if you know what I mean. Catching Gary at Dunefest is the answer to that problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If you time it right, I can help you with the adjustments when I'm done racing, or before.

It was good to see you this last weekend. Your stock bore is right at the same performance level my 730 was. I think you and Scatterbrain would be a close race............until keith hit the button, of course[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 07-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

Ron would i need to bring the proper tires for the dyno or are they supplied?You should have seen Tony Sunday on the black honda stroker against a couple of 4 mil banshees it was amazing to see a four stroke take out two strokes that were so fast.Are you still going to be at Florence Saturday?

Old 07-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Gary had tires last year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: duneittilludie
Ron would i need to bring the proper tires for the dyno or are they supplied?You should have seen Tony Sunday on the black honda stroker against a couple of 4 mil banshees it was amazing to see a four stroke take out two strokes that were so fast.Are you still going to be at Florence Saturday?
Mike, the couple of runs that I ran your bike against that 565 NMotion Honda, the Honda guy was brutally surprised that a "stock" DS was keeping that gap so close, you have a GREAT runner. I tried to get a turn key number $$$$ out of the Honda guy (Stan), but he isn't interested in selling it right now. For all you guys that might consider building a TRX up, N Motion does a hands down awesome job with their stroker/bore kits. I spent a lot of seat time on that bike Sunday, and I would have to guess that it might be the fastest non NOS fourstroke out on the dunes with a light rider on it. NUT if I'm so lucky as to ever buy that black Honda, look OUT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

Tony i agree that the stroker Honda is the fastest four stroke that i have seen perform in person.I wish i would have had my video camera to capture the holeshots you were getting.To be honest i did not think that you had a chance against those 4 mil banshees but i was very wrong.I will continue to tweak my DS as much as possible to gain everything i can and if i can get just one or two more quad lengths out of it i will be happy.Great job yesterday!!!!

Old 07-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Range Rover

Mike, I always injoy piloting someone else's well built bike. I take it a personal challenge to try to make the bike that I'm piloting shine, without blowing it up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm not implying that I'm a better rider than anyone else, but the one above blessed me with a weight advantage[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That said, I must say I have some loyalty to NUT, so if some one wants me to pilot against NUT's bike, it just might lose lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL, that honda is fast but next weekend we will see the dual carbs running on the DS. I will be betting on the DS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I kid you not, Tony will pick up 2 lengths on just about everything he rides[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Fast shifter and light weight.............hard to beat.

I want to see the Honda against Dell. I think that will be a neck and neck race, IMHO.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

Tony i understand the loyalty thing and that is a good way to be in my book.Ron i hope your DS performs as you expect and it probably will.I get a lot of enjoyment just seeing the progression of four stroke technology in a real world situation like yesterday at comp hill.We are all very lucky to be around at a time when all of this technology is available.I can sure remember when it didnt matter how deep your pockets were the four strokes just could not hang with the fast two strokes but that time is long gone.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Duneit, I got a cap with a sniffer hole drilled in it, If you need it I will lend it to you. Rick at TVI did my dyno tuning last time, He did a real nice job. Alot has been changed since then and Im due for another session. Let me know when your going to do it, maybe I can run up there and do mine at the same time.

Quick Reply: A stock bore formula that works!!!