CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

A stock bore formula that works!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A stock bore formula that works!!!

I will say first off that i am not implying that my stock bore is the fastest quad out there especially with me at 230 lbs on it but it is far above what i expected.I got a chance to see this weekend what my stock bore was capable of with a lighter rider on board and it was impressive to say the least.I have mentioned this before but i will lay it out again in case anyone is looking to build a fast stock bore.My motor build consists of a HPR piston gasketed at 11.5:1.HPR HR3 cams,stock valves,ported head,ported intake,Lectron 46HV carb,no toil filter,and a Big Gun CDI and a ODP disced end cap with 14 discs.I also have lightened rear hubs,.125 wheels with 22-11-8 buffed tires,520 chain and sprockets(15-40 gearing),+4" swingarm.This may not be a very impressive list of mods but believe me they work very well together.My head porting is probably a big factor in the above average performance that i am getting as well as the quality of the HPR parts but everything seems to flow together and achieve great results.This post is only meant to be a source of information that can hopefully be of some use to anyone that is going to build a stock bore and it is not meant as a bragfest.If someone would come up with a free flowing pipe that can come close to the decibel level limit that we have here in Oregon then i could see even bigger gains but for now i am very pleased with the stock pipe and the ODP end cap.This thing hauls!!!!

Old 07-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks for the input it is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I HEAR YA!! I love the way my stockbore runs. Sounds like yours is fast!!

Now I have close the set up ast you, 14:1 featherweight, stockbore, big valves, and full big ported race head done by TVI and the preacher and a few other mechs..LOL, 48/50mm lectron and drag pipe, now take off some weight and shes fun. Now here comes the 30 shot, Are you going to Ds days?

Old 07-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

you have got to like the good HPR products!!! Its almost like we have HPR stock motors!!haha

Old 07-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,
What all have you gone up against. Have you raced any big bores?

Old 07-24-2006, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Mike,

Thats great information to share. I will be at dunefest, stop by at the main vendor area and say hi.

Marky

Old 07-24-2006, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

(DSengineer) yes i have raced some big bores and i will just say that i am not far off.With a rider that is of average size that is to say 160 180 lbs my stock bore would run right with them.My stock pipe is holding me back some but even with that handicap my stock bore is doing very well.(Mark) my DS is faster than my Raptor and you have seen that it can move so that can give you an idea of the performance that i am getting.I am thinking that i should get this thing on a dyno and have someone fine tune my Lectron because although Randall at HPR has it very close i would think that there may be more to be had with some dyno tuning.The problem is that i have no idea where in this area to take it that knows anything about Lectron carbs. (ANNIHILATER)I am trying to figure out a way to make it to DS days but so far it does not look like i can make it.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

Mike,

The only one that I know of that has a dyno with a sniffer is Gary at TVI. Scatterbrain did his tuning there as well. You'll want to see about getting a supertrapp end cap (cheap steel one) so that you can drill a hole in it for the sniffer probe. Without a sniffer, the tune will only be part complete in my opinion.

A closer dyno is Matt at DTR in Salem, but I dont believe he has a sniffer. Thats where I had the disced end cap originally dynoed.

I know your Raptor is fast. Chuck did mention to me last week that your DS was doing really well. Thats fantastic.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: duneittilludie
(DSengineer) yes i have raced some big bores and i will just say that i am not far off.With a rider that is of average size that is to say 160 180 lbs my stock bore would run right with them.My stock pipe is holding me back some but even with that handicap my stock bore is doing very well.(Mark) my DS is faster than my Raptor and you have seen that it can move so that can give you an idea of the performance that i am getting.I am thinking that i should get this thing on a dyno and have someone fine tune my Lectron because although Randall at HPR has it very close i would think that there may be more to be had with some dyno tuning.The problem is that i have no idea where in this area to take it that knows anything about Lectron carbs. (ANNIHILATER)I am trying to figure out a way to make it to DS days but so far it does not look like i can make it.
Oh ****.... average size is 160-180... when the h&ll did that happen.LOL By that measurement I'm twice the average man.... no really, I weigh twice that. What kind of freakin' mods will I need to keep up with you little fellers.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2006, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the information Mark i will make some calls.

Quick Reply: A stock bore formula that works!!!