CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ron woods Racing full exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ron woods Racing full exhaust

Ill probably go with an HMF slip-on(black mufler)Its cheap so that helps.I dont have many mods so this is good enough for me.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

if you are woods riding do not get it the ceramic coating will not hold up

Old 08-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

What does hold up if you dont clean it

Old 08-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Im with mr meaner the woods pipe is the best for the buck and maint will ensure a long life.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

i dunno thats all i have heard i dont have one personally but i heard it tends to look bad after a while but maybe as he said they werent taken care of

Old 08-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

R u talking about the header pipe looking bad or the mufler part?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

listen man, out west in the sand the r.woods pipe is ok i guess. if you ride on the trails and get dirty get the hmf. i have one and am very happy. my two cents on the wood pipe is 1- it is too long by sticking out past the grab bar and 2- i have personnally seen the dent caused by the swingarm that hightower was talking about. bang for the buck the hmf is the best system, period. i will debate anybody on this. you can get two hmf slip ons for the price of some of these full systems and i can guarantee your not gonna get double the performance over the hmf.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

OK lets do it debate me why its better than my LTE duals they are stainless.Lets hear it and yes i have cased a ron woods pipe before but it was due to a massive jump that ended up in a trip to the hospitol.LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

ok azsand, lets take two stock bikes and slap a k/n and a set of lte's on one. lets take the other and put a hmf slip on along with the k/n and both bikes get the appropriate jetting. put them both on the dyno and what type of results are you gonna get. i will give you the benefit of the doubt and say the lte's put aout a little mor power throughout the curve. will the lte system double the power of the hmf........?????? no way. is the fit and finish any better.?????? no way. is the the price tag for the lte's darn near triple the hmf????? ok, ya got me there. are there good pipes out there for the ds???? yes. are some better than others????? yes. hmf makes a great all around pipe that is reasonably priced and is not gonna be outperformed when it comes to BANG FOR THE BUCK!!!!! and i think that is what nathan wanted to know.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BOMBSAINT
listen man, out west in the sand the r.woods pipe is ok i guess. if you ride on the trails and get dirty get the hmf. i have one and am very happy. my two cents on the wood pipe is 1- it is too long by sticking out past the grab bar and 2- i have personnally seen the dent caused by the swingarm that hightower was talking about. bang for the buck the hmf is the best system, period. i will debate anybody on this. you can get two hmf slip ons for the price of some of these full systems and i can guarantee your not gonna get double the performance over the hmf.
HMF???? Ok, I'll debate that. End cap. debate over ... Any questions? DragonDJ11, me and Scatterbrain did a real world head to head test on two identical DS's - One had the ODP end cap and the other had a brand new HMF. The ODP end cap did slightly better with a little more torque, and the price difference was better as well. Still spark arrested and a snap to install. If you dont believe me, ask those guys yourself. If you want to talk about HMF slip ons, the ODP end cap puts that to bed.

As far as the Ron Wood Exhaust - I still like them - I've had several sets over the years and even took one set and had it nikel plated. I really like the system they have now with the in-frame drag pipe - thats something that I give HUGE kudos to The Bom racing - He's the one that got it figured out and took it to RWR. All of the pipes and end caps mentioned are still too loud for the Oregon Dunes - Thats when you need the Duals.

Quick Reply: Ron woods Racing full exhaust