CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ron woods Racing full exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 01:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ron woods Racing full exhaust

Nathan yes you must lose the airbox to install the LTE exhaust.

And no amount of maintenance can keep a plain steel pipe from going to **** no matter who did the ceramic coating, when you frequent a mud environment with our kind of winters. been there, done that, won't do it again.

Old 08-19-2006, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

chris how are ya? going to wellsville for labor day. should be fun... you up for a drive?

Old 08-19-2006, 01:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

You have too remove the air box and in mild water conditions the outwear is an exellent water repeller but i would not say its a good idea to ride wat er heavily without a box.and your right hightower most of us out here do not understand the water thing.

Old 08-19-2006, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

On a side note anyone going to Atica,IN laborday weekend.Its called the badlands if you guys have heard of it.I know hightower has been there many times anyone else go to atica.Its a shame if know one else goes.I will be the only ds there.Last time i went there was two ds's.Also to the thread i think im going with a black HMF slip-on.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2006, 04:24 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Originally posted by: BOMBSAINT
listen man, out west in the sand the r.woods pipe is ok i guess. if you ride on the trails and get dirty get the hmf. i have one and am very happy. my two cents on the wood pipe is 1- it is too long by sticking out past the grab bar and 2- i have personnally seen the dent caused by the swingarm that hightower was talking about. bang for the buck the hmf is the best system, period. i will debate anybody on this. you can get two hmf slip ons for the price of some of these full systems and i can guarantee your not gonna get double the performance over the hmf.
HMF???? Ok, I'll debate that. End cap. debate over ... Any questions? DragonDJ11, me and Scatterbrain did a real world head to head test on two identical DS's - One had the ODP end cap and the other had a brand new HMF. The ODP end cap did slightly better with a little more torque, and the price difference was better as well. Still spark arrested and a snap to install. If you dont believe me, ask those guys yourself. If you want to talk about HMF slip ons, the ODP end cap puts that to bed.

As far as the Ron Wood Exhaust - I still like them - I've had several sets over the years and even took one set and had it nikel plated. I really like the system they have now with the in-frame drag pipe - thats something that I give HUGE kudos to The Bom racing - He's the one that got it figured out and took it to RWR. All of the pipes and end caps mentioned are still too loud for the Oregon Dunes - Thats when you need the Duals.
No lies there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] RWR full exhaust out performs the HMF pretty well also. However, if I were doing this again, and had no plans on porting the head on the DS....Sticking mainly with bolt on products, and noice and sparky being a thing, I would go to Rockymountainatv.com and get the Yoshimira slip on....

Old 08-19-2006, 04:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

nathan I may just may be able to make it one day labor day weekend, which day will you be there, saturday or sunday or both?

bombsaint I work labor day if you can believe that, always gotta work holidays it seems...no way for me to make the drive the weekend either, get off night shift saturday morn and then back again monday, all this overtime is getting old but we got a technician off for heart problems and helping to fill his shoes in his absence. I'll get there sometime though, just notime real soon.

AZ if all I did was sand I may still be running RWR pipe, but I'll tell ya my love for dunes has grown quite stong the last two years and I steer farther and farther away from water and no longer have an airbox even when riding here at home now. maybe the LTE might need looked at again...are the gains really there, comparable to RWR? Does it have to be carb mount filter or can a modified intake boot be arranged/shortened/ angled different?

Old 08-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Hightower i think im going to be there saturday but dont know until im there pretty much.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2006, 11:09 PM
eRo
Range Rover

i think the air tube could be arranged different. maybe turn it upside down so the stock shape tube curls up and out. the bottom of the seat and the sub frame would have to be changed to give the needed clearance. it would be interesting to see the gains with this pipe and the air tube...