CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ron woods Racing full exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ron woods Racing full exhaust

Im in the market for a exhaust system.And i found the ron woods exhaust.Opinions on this pipe is it worth 488.25$$$$Looking for excellent performance for the buck,also is the alba pipes any good.Cheaper the better.preffer not a super loud pipe(hmf) just good quality.Answers apreciated.THANKS

Old 07-27-2006, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider

The Woods is a good pipe... your options for a full system are Woods, CT, or Big Gun... all right around the same price. Stay away from the Alba pipe... although they have redesigned it there are better pipes for the $$$. On a side note I have the HMF and I am by no means the loudest in my riding group, its loud but not really that bad. Very affordable at $230 shipped, and it has held up very well. Performance is awsome.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:14 AM
Pro Rider

Ive had a Woods pipe go by me and it made my HMF seem quiet.From what ive read on
here i stayed with the stock header it is just as good or better than most aftermarket.
You can save some $ that way.You also have the Top Gun by HPR it uses discs and can
be tuned for how loud you want it.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I run HMF slip-on on my modified 14:1 compression and cammed motor, there is more power to be gained with RWR full system on a modded motor, not as much on a non modded motor

I used to run RWR full exhaust, but removed it cause no ceramic coated pipe is ideal for indiana riding, the trails and creeks and mud take their toll quickly, within a year there will be rust at the joints.

also RWR exhaust sticks out past the grab bar, it is long, and proned to more damage in a rollover.

and if you are a sizable guy and take jumps enough to bottom the rear suspension occasionally, the bottom of the last curve of the megaphone can tap the swingarm and cause a small dent, not everybody has this issue but I did and others I have seen also have.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

What other pipes are cermac coated.HMF is probably going to be my first choice for the $$$$.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

Off topic, Hightower you go to Haspin acres.I not to much of a fan of that place.But there two mx tracks are alright.I had my 400ex there,there mud is some of the worst ive seen when it down pours.I had my fenders break from the mud accumilation.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

wood, ct, biggun, all the full systems are ceramic coated plain steel.

most of the slip-ons are stainless with aluminum mufflers.

HPR has a new slip-on called the top gun, it is available in plain steel or stainless.

if you go to michigan dunes you need spark arrestor and sound level must be met, if this is in your future get a pipe with adjustable sound and sparky. all disk systems are. the hmf has sparky screen removable and also sound inserts if its too loud for some places, so does yoshiura.

yes I go to haspin once in a while, but like you I hate their mud, its like contrete when dry and clay when wet, fenders breaker all right!

Old 08-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Good stuff....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Range Rover

I have a full ct exhaust on my 2000 ds , It is ceramic coated but I have noticed small rust spots forming on the header pipe,s and dosent offer much low grunt for woods riding, not the loudest exhaust ive seen on a atv but is very loud. hope this might help.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Im a firm beleiver in the Wood exhaust. Any coated exhaust will rust if you dont clean it and dry it. You can polish the Wood racing exhaust every once in a while and will have no problem. The Wood pipe isnt that loud. Most of the ones Ive heard needed to be repacked. It has a low deep sound to it

Quick Reply: Ron woods Racing full exhaust