CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

MudStud's DS650 Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MudStud's DS650 Problem

So, I know you guys don't know me, I hang in the Utility Forum mostly, but I recently bought MudStud's DS650.
It's got the Lectron carb on it, and I'm having a huge problem. Hoping you guys have already hashed this out (and yes, I already searched...didn't find my problem as of yet).

It's got a twist throttle on it, and when you rev it up, sometimes, not always, but sometimes it 'sticks' at say 3-4k RPM's, and then will SOMETIMES slowly rev down. Like the slide is stuck.

Mudstud said to get a new cable from hpresearch.net, but I wanted to make sure this will fix this problem.

Am I on the right track guys?

Thanks a ton!!

Old 08-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

yea I would either guess that the cable is sticking, or the (I forget what it is called exaclty but inside the carb the piece of metal that allows the air to enter I am guessing its called a throttle valve) maybe that could be sticking when you get to that certain rpm range,or my last guess would be that the twist throttle is sticking.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Range Rover

Thanks Bombrider.

Yeah, Mudstud said that rerouting the cable might help too, but currently it's routed the way that Lectron suggests.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] come on you said you did a search....And you found nothing on sticking slides on lectrons[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] try again ace ....Holy sheeit the bed this is an old one...LOL/ Just busting your ***** its a lectron they stick.And yes proper cable routing helps but no it will never go away!!...It will only hide for awhile.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: AZSAND
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] come on you said you did a search....And you found nothing on sticking slides on lectrons[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] try again ace ....Holy sheeit the bed this is an old one...LOL/ Just busting your ***** its a lectron they stick.And yes proper cable routing helps but no it will never go away!!...It will only hide for awhile.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I actually did do a search, but most all of the stuck slide posts were about it stuck CLOSED not OPEN.

In any case, I honestly appreciate your input. Do you know if installing a 2nd spring, or stiffer spring would help alleviate this??

Old 08-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

For most of the lectrons i have delt with there are three grades of springs. I belive they are gold, green and silver green being the stiffest i think..... : confused im no longer running any lectrons way to many accidents.But i have never seen any real unbiased advise on this site but there is Fast by Gast (ask for kevin) and several other dist you can contact on the subject and get an undiased opion. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] If you run a twist throttle a stiffer spring won't matter any way's.Also i have taken a quater" thick alum washer split it and installed it over the cable in the bottom of the slide so the spring could rest on it to make the spring stiffer on one bike and it never stuck again. there is more than one way to skin a cat.And a knee maybe a head or foot too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] good luck my friend.

Old 08-02-2006, 04:21 AM
Pro Rider

Cable routing is usually the culprit. You have to keep it clean also. I just replaced mine with the new 90 degree cable and it is smoother than ever and no sticking. just my .02

Old 08-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Range Rover

I talked to MudStud last night on the phone, and he too mentioned a 90 degree cable.
Where can I get one?