CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ims footpegs and heel gaurds combo

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ims footpegs and heel gaurds combo

i done a search and everything i found over a year old. i was wonder if the new ims heel gaurds will work good on my 04 bajax model. i figured if i got the heel gaurds i would get the kickup foot pegs. thanks

Old 08-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Well..if i had to go a diff way i wouldnt have got my acs i would have gotten the ims pegs and heel guards and them some nerfs to complete it all. The ims stuff looks really good and my AC stuff is all falling apart they tried to make it light but not strong and it looks like im going to have to redo some parts at work very soon. The probs i heard about ims is that they need to be rebent to fit but it seems its either that or ac.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

I recently busted up my heel guards at Quadfest '06, so been on the search to replace them, and they r the IMS heel guards, love the look and design, but the didnt quite match up to my heel guards perfect which made them vulerable to rocks (reason they got busted), loop part that goes over the nerfs snapped off, lip that attaches to the foot peg snapped off, with the bolt, and w/ that design if u grab the corner edge it rips it right down since the lil bars going across dont have much strength, also where they attach to the DS frame up by the fenders rubs up against my Big Gun exhaust, So for the best bang for your buck im gonna get the AC Pro Peg Nerf Bars, heel guards, foot pegs and nerfs all attached as one, only $230 total, while if you want the IMS fancy stuff u gotta pay $230 just for the foot pegs lol, then $150 for the heel guards or somethin like that, then a set of Nerfs ($80 - $160) depending on the set, makes sense to me to get the Pro Pegs, just my 2 cents [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a set of heel guards and foot pegs about 2 months ago. I had a very hard time finding the heel guards. IMS told me they were discontued due to lack of interest. I finally found a set at Thumper Talk.

SIDE NOTE:

The heel guards we hardest thing to put on - the holes did not even come close to matching up - I think they must have made them for memorey with no machine to try them on !!!

I did get the pegs and guards on and i love them - just very hard to install !!!

Old 08-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

Check E bay you can find a deal on the foot pegs and heel guards, the only problem I had was with the heel guard was I had to re brake some of the bends not much just a bit to tweak to custom fit, you can do this with a large home vise, or a harbor frieght hand brake (nice to have around for home projects) I was lucky I have a bending brake at work. My Big azz hasny bent em yet and they are purty also!
Seen some on e bay for $168.00